INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, September 15, 2024

RAGAVAPRIYAN THEJESWI

 A POEM BY

RAGAVAPRIYAN THEJESWI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




In the hands of the server who gave me the Tea-cup
I saw golden bracelet.
The nail-polish of he who wiped the tea-drops
brimming in the cup’s rims
must be costly ones.
His cordial impeccable manners in serving the customers
His Degree that his humility and noble character have got him
could be seen.
Ere the Tea grow cold before the first drop is relished
Should ask who he is
So the question-bug hovers over my upper lip.
The immense patience of not yet moving away
but waiting for further orders
made me grow jealous of his boss.
I lifted the cup towards my lip
When I lifted my questioning look to his countenance
“Sir, do you want to know about me? Asked he eagerly
Before I could say “Yes”
“Hey you – Boy
Ask the adjacent table what they want”
The command made the server made his brilliance sit next to me
and flew off
Who could he be
For sure he can’t be a poet by any means
So a thought-fly had jumped into the Tea
to commit suicide.
For the genius that is sitting still by my side
with head lowered
I should order for a cup of Tea
– I should

Ragavapriyan Thejeswi
தேனீர் கோப்பையைத் தந்த
கடை பணியாளனின்
கைகளில்
தங்கத்தில் காப்பிருப்பதைக் கண்டேன்...
கோப்பையின் விளிம்புகளில்
ததும்பிய தேனீர்த் துளிகளைத் துடைத்தவனின்
நகப் பூச்சுக்கள் விலையுர்ந்தவையாகத்தான்
இருத்தல் வேண்டும்...
நேர்த்தியான பவ்யபாவமுடனான அவனின்
நுகர்வோர் அணுகுமுறையில்
கர்வமற்ற உயரிய குணக் கற்றலால் பெற்ற
பட்டத்தின் பளபளப்பைக் காணமுடிந்தது...
தேனீர் ஆறுவதற்குள்... முதல் துளி உறிஞ்சப்படுவதற்குள்...
அவன் யாரென கேட்டாக வேண்டிய கேள்விப் பூச்சியொன்று
என் மேலுதட்டருகில் சுற்றுகிறது...
இன்னமும் நகராமல் அடுத்த தேவைக்கான
கட்டளைக்குக் காத்திருக்கும் பொறுமை
அவன் எஜமானனின் அதிர்ஷ்டத்தின் மீதான
பொறாமையைக் கிளப்பியது...
கோப்பையை உதட்டருகில் எடுத்துச் சென்றேன்...
என் கேள்வி சுற்றிய பார்வையை அவன் முகத்தருகில்
கொண்டு செல்கையில்...
ஐயா என்னைப் பற்றி அறிய ஆவலா எனக் கேட்க....
ஆம் எனும் பதிலுக்கு முன்....
பையா அடுத்த மேசையைக் கவனி எனும் கட்டளையில்
சுழன்றடித்த பணியாள மேதைமையை என் அருகில் அமர்த்திவிட்டு
பறந்துவிட்டான்...
அவன் யாராக இருக்கும்....
கண்டிப்பாய் கவிஞனாக இருக்கவே முடியாதெனும்
எண்ண ஈ ஒன்று தேனீரில் தற்கொலைக்காக
குதித்துவிட்டிருந்தது...
தலைகுனிந்து இன்னமும் அருகில் அமர்ந்திருக்கும் அம்மேதைமைக்கு
ஒரு தேனீர் சொல்லியே ஆகவேண்டும்....

ராகவபிரியன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024