INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, September 15, 2024

RATNA VENKAT

 TWO POEMS BY

RATNA VENKAT

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

(1)

He of pristine White
enumerating the possibilities of
exiting a dream
just the way
we have entered it….

He with his white beard
swaying in the wind
as the miniscule particle
of the radiance of universe
the magnetic pull of whose eyes
bring to kneel that of the black hole
I had met in another dream.

Being on the ecstatic rim
He who was explaining
ever so wonderfully
in a voice verily emphatic
A large crowd was
absorbing faithfully.

The brook rustling through the dream
and moving on
got into the vast expanse of sand
in its own natural course
And slowly oh, slowly
dried up right in front of my eyes.

While getting inside the next dream
having no time to stop and stare
at the eyes of He who
standing on the same euphoric peak
and discoursing
I have turned into a tiny rain-drop
crossing over remnants.

ஒரு கனவுக்குள்
நுழைந்ததைப் போலவே
வெளியேறக் கூடிய
சாத்தியங்களை
விவரித்துக் கொண்டிருந்த
அந்த வெள்ளுடை மனிதரை..
வெண் தாடி
பிரபஞ்ச ஒளியின்
சிறு துகளாய்
காற்றில் அசைய
ஆழ் துளையின்
ஆகர்ஷிப்பை
மண்டியிட வைக்கிற
விழிகளால் வருடியவரை
வேறொரு கனவில்
சந்தித்திருக்கிறேன்

பரவசத்தின் விளிம்பில்
இருப்பின் மீதத்திலேயே
வாழ்வதெனும் மாயையை
அற்புதமாக
அழுத்தமான குரல் வழி
விளக்கிக் கொண்டிருந்தவரை
விசுவாசித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தது
பெருங் கூட்டம்

கனவின் ஊடாக சல சலவென
நகர்ந்து கொண்டிருந்த நீரோடை
விரிந்த மணற்பரப்பில்
அதன் போக்கில் நுழைந்து
மெதுவாக மிக மெதுவாக
கண்முன்னே உலர்ந்தது

அடுத்த கனவில் நுழைகையில்
அதே பரவசத்தின் உச்சத்தில் நின்று
பிரசங்கித்துக் கொண்டிருந்தவரின் கண்களை
கவனிக்க நேரமின்றி
மிச்சங்களைக் கடக்கிற
சிறு மழைத் துளியாகியிருந்தேன்

#ரத்னா வெங்கட்


(2)
Water I am
Wind I am
Wait not I
For thee

Barrage I am
Tree I am
Though blocking
I am no barrier
The river that flows
and emotion sans noise
till they are restrained
never stagnate.

Affection I am
Love I am
Those gone; undergone
I never abandon

Time I am
God I am
Halt not; move on
Never do I turn; return.

(* correction in translation suggested by the poet duly incorporated)

நான் நீர்
நான் காற்று
உனக்கென
நான் நிற்பதில்லை.

நான் அணை
நான் மரம்
தடுத்தாலும்
நான் தடையில்லை.

ஓடுகின்ற நதியும்
ஓசையற்ற உணர்வும்
தேக்காத வரையில்
தேங்குவது இல்லை.

நான் அன்பு
நான் காதல்
கடந்து வந்ததை
நான் கைவிடுவதில்லை.
நான் காலம்
நான் கடவுள்
நில்லாது முன்செல்
நான் திரும்புவதில்லை.

#ரத்னா வெங்கட்


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024