INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, September 15, 2024

RIYAS QURANA

 A POEM BY

RIYAS QURANA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

TO MY DARLING SON

Yet to wade through a day’s separation
But, how come we have become so alienated from each other
You came to my household
Nay, I brought you here
You didn’t speak as before
Hugging me you gave a kiss
As dust-filled glass
Your smile had changed
As if begging for alms
stretching the bowl
Showing your cheeks
You received my kisses.
That very moment all my entrails
were scorched beyond repair
Two small questions
Just two small questions
You asked me
“At night I looked around
Why didn’t you come, father?”
“When will you come home?”
And, I choked.
Upon my chest
You would rest
Till we feel sleepy
we would be playing happily
on the bed
Whatever anyone offers
You would keep a portion of it
and give me _ Wouldn’t you
The tender heart
Ho _ what at all it would have thought
Have I lost the significance of being a poet of substance?
No, My dear son
In loving thee
I am still a little boy
How can I forgive the moments
spent without having thee by my side
Even if a tiny leaf wither
My heart would cry
How can I leave thee – How can I?
Just endure a while
My dear son
If I am destined to leave thee
I will first leave my life, you see
My darling son, my very Life
The Death of a poor poet
is no great loss
to this world. Alas….

(* 1.1.2015 _ It was on this day that I had taken a very wrong decision in the entire span of my life. Its pain acutely cancerous I endure till this day)

11.08.2015) இதே நாளில் தான், எனது வாழ்வில் மிகத் தவறான ஒரு முடிவை எடுத்திருந்தேன். அதன் வலி இன்றுவரை ஒரு புற்றுநோயைப் போன்று என்னை வதைக்கிறது. அன்று எழுதிய கவிதை இது

என் செல்ல மகனுக்கு.

இன்னும் ஒரு நாள்கூட
நமது பிரிவைக் கடக்கவில்லை
இருந்தும் ஏன் இவ்வளவு
அந்நியமானோம்?
என் வீட்டுக்கு வந்திருந்தாய்
இல்லை அழைத்து வந்தேன்
உன் பேச்சு குறைந்திருந்தது
அரவணைத்து முத்தமிட்டாய்
புழுதிபடிந்த கண்ணாடிபோல
உன் புன்னகை மாறியிருந்தது
பிச்சைப் பாத்திரத்தை நீட்டி
யாசகம் கேட்பதைப்போல
கன்னங்களைக் தந்து
எனது முத்தங்களை
வாங்கிக்கொண்டாய்
எனது ஈரல்கொலை
அக்கணம் கருகியே போனது
மிகச் சிறிய கேள்விகள்தான்
இரண்டு மட்டுமே
என்னிடம் கேட்டாய்
“துாங்க உங்களைத் தேடினேன்
ஏன் வாப்பா வரவில்லை”
“வீட்டுக்கு எப்போது வருவீர்கள்”
எனது மூச்சு திணறியே
போய்விட்டது
எனது நெஞ்சில்தானே
உறங்குவாய்
உறக்கம் வரும்வரை
மெத்தையில் வியைாடுவோமே
யார் எது கொடுத்தாலும்
எனக்கும் கொஞ்சம்
ஒளித்து வைத்திருந்து தருவாயே
பிஞ்சு மனசு
என்னதான் நினைத்திருக்கும்?
கவிஞனாக இருப்பதின்
அர்த்தத்தை இழந்துவிட்டேனா
இல்லை மகனே
உன்னை நேசிப்பதில்
நானின்னும் சிறுவன்தான்
நீ அருகில் இல்லாமல் கழியும்
கணங்களை எப்படி மன்னிப்பேன்
இலை உதிர்ந்தாலும்
அழும் மனசு எனக்கு
எப்படி உன்னைப் பிரிவேன்
கொஞ்சம் பொறுத்திரு
எனது அன்பு மகனே
உன்னைப் பிரியத்தான்
வேண்டுமென்று விதியிருந்தால்
என் உயிரைத்தான்
பிரிவேன் அன்பு மகனே
ஒரு ஏழைக் கவிஞனின் மரணம்
இந்த உலகத்திற்கு
ஒரு பேரிழப்பல்ல.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024