INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, September 15, 2024

AASU SUBRAMANIAN

 A POEM BY

AASU SUBRAMANIAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

YET ANOTHER FACE

I drew my face
resembling that of a clock
moving anxieties as the digits of Life
it defeated me.
Yet my face turns alive
as the swaying memory-painting.
I began drawing again
It resembled a face of mine
when I was born
Akin to the tangled spider web anon
I began erasing that too
in the residual lines
each face looked swollen
just as my child’s veins
as Life’s mauled countenance
On another day
my child drew
the face of a doll
What a surprise
it looked exactly my own
plucked and perfectly worn.

இன்னொரு முகம்
ஆசு சுப்பிரமணியன்

கடிகாரத்தின் முகமொத்த
என் முகம் வரைந்தேன்
பதற்றங்கள்
வாழ்வின் எண்களாய் நகர்த்தி
என்னைத் தோற்கடித்தது அது
எனினும்
அசையும் நினைவு ஓவியமாய்
உயிர்ப்புறுகிறது என் முகம்
மீண்டும் வரையத் தொடங்கினேன்
என் தாய் ஈன்ற நேரத்தில்
இருந்த என் முகமொன்றை
ஒரு சிலந்தியின் பின்னலை ஒத்திருந்தது அது
அழிக்கத் தொடங்கினேன் அதையும்
மிஞ்சிய கோடுகளில் _
என் குழந்தையின் நரம்புகளாய்ப் புடைத்திருந்தன
ஒவ்வொரு முகமும்
வாழ்வின் சிதைந்த முகமாய்
இன்னொரு நாள்
என் குழந்தை வரைந்தது
பொம்மையின் முகமொன்றை
என்ன ஆச்சர்யம்
என் முகத்தை அப்படியே
பிடுங்கிவைத்தது போலிருந்தது அது.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024