INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Friday, September 4, 2026

S.FAIZA ALI

 A POEM BY 

S.FAIZA ALI

Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


PROTECTOR TURNED PREDATOR

I listened  taking time

With instincts intensely insisting

that I shouldn’t tire her out -

Only when needed

I enquired.

She had shed her pains

In little drops.

Only for making her feel assured

that her secret would be safeguarded

Words proved ineffective.

I become the mother hen

that embraces with its warm feathers

the chicken shivering in chill.

The  screeching voice that

scorched the cabin-walls

slowly subsides and turns silent.

O what a silence

wholesome silence

in those glistening  tender eyes

That which was described

with words

with gestures and movements….

and

In sobs…

That which I could realize

would suffice

for  filling the gaps 

My pen

 refuses to fit them 

into any ranking scales

The revolting vulgarities  of 

the protector turning predator

the resulting repugnance

I can never pen them 

conjointly 

with the scent of  wet jasmine.


வேலியே பயிரை மேய்தல்

சாவதானமாய் செவிமடுத்தேன்

களைப்படையச் செய்யக்கூடாதெனும் உள்ளுணர்வின் தீவிரங்களோடு

தேவையான இடங்களில் மட்டுமே வினவினேன்


அவள் தன் வலிகளைத் 

துளிகளாய் 

உதிர்த்திருந்தாள்


இரகசியம் பேணப்படும் 

என்பதை உணர்த்த மட்டும்

சொற்கள் பயன்படவில்லை..

கொடுகும் 

கோழிக்குஞ்சைக் 

கதகதக்கும் தன்னிறக்கையோடு 

சேர்த்தணைக்கும் தாய்ப்பறவையாகிறேன்.


அறைச்சுவர் முழுவதையும் 

தீய்த்தெறிந்த கீச்சுக்குரல்

மெல்லத் தணிந் தடங்கிற்று


எத்தனை அமைதி.. 

பேரமைதி 

பளபளக்கும் அப்பிஞ்சுக்கண்களுக்குள்


சொற்களால்.... 

உடல்மொழியால்....

விபரித்தவைகளை....

இன்னும், 

விசும்பல்களில்..... 

இடைவெளிகளை 

நிரப்பிக் கொள்ளுமளவிற்கு

நான் உணர்ந்தவைகளை

எந்தத் தரவரிசை அளவிடைகளூடும்

இட்டு நிரப்ப மறுக்கிறது 

என் பேனா


வேலியே பயிரை மேய்தலின் 

அசிங்கங்களின் 

அருவருப்புகளை 

இந்த

ஈர மல்லிகையின் நறுமணங்களோடு 

இணைத்துப் பதிவிட 

ஒருபோதும் என்னால் முடியாது . 


 எஸ்.பாயிஸா அலி

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - AUGUST 2026

 INSIGHT AUGUST, 2026 (a bilingual blogspot for contemproary tamil poetry) 2026insight.blogspot.com