INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, November 8, 2020

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR'S POEM

 A POEM BY

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

INTERROGATION


I have given the petition umpteen number of times
No response till date
What could have been the knots entangled in that
The potency of the petition must have silenced them
Or sheer malice towards me must’ve so intensified.
Therein I have questioned the ones
forcibly squeezed inside me
crushing my rights
Have they turned taut because I,
with my eyes so wakeful, have recorded
with my blood as ink
the abject truths about those foxes
licking the blood of kith and kin
and forcibly squeezing some others into me
My complaints are being reviewed
They subjected me to interrogation many a time
The inquiry came to an end.
Now the answer came in search of me
With my eyes tied
ears locked
and mouth sealed
I am given the response.
Looking at everything intently
I remain fallen.

Marimuthu Sivakumar

விசாரணை
பலமுறை மனு கொடுத்துவிட்டேன்
அம்மனுக்கான பதில் இன்றுவரை இல்லை.
அம்மனுக்குள் அப்படியென்ன பதிலளிக்க முடியாத முடிச்சுக்கள் இருந்திருக்கும்.
மனுவின் அத்தனை வீரியமும்
அவர்களை மெளனிக்க வைத்திருக்கும்.
அல்லது
என் மீது அதீத வெறுப்பு உயர்ந்திருக்கும்.
என் உரிமைகளை கசக்கி
வேறு சிலவற்றை என்னுள் திணித்தவற்றை அதனுள் கேள்விகளாக்கியிருந்தேன்.
என் கண்கள் விழித்தபடியிருக்க
உறவுகளின் உதிரம் நக்கிய நரிகளின் அப்பட்டமான உண்மைகளை உதிரமையால் பதிவிட்டதால் அவர்கள் இறுகிப்போனார்களா..
என் முறைபாடுகள் பரிசீலிக்கப்படுகிறது
என்னை பலமுறை விசாரணைக்குட்படுத்தினார்கள்
விசாரணை முடிவுற்றது
இப்போது பதில் என்னை தேடிவரலாயிற்று..
என் கண்கள் கட்டப்பட்டு
செவிப்பறை பூட்டப்பட்டு
வாய் ஒட்டப்பட்ட நிலையில்
எனக்கு பதிலளிக்கப்படுகிறது.
நான் எல்லாவற்றையும்
உற்று நோக்கியபடி வீழ்ந்து கிடக்கிறேன்.
~~~~~~~
16.10.2020
மாரிமுத்து சிவகுமார்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE