INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, October 6, 2022

MULLAI MUSHRIFA

 TWO POEMS BY 

MULLAI MUSHRIFA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

1. MOON AND MOON-BORNE
My land
My Moon
My jungle
My sea
My Body
Everything happening
My Mind
My Woodland
My memory probes my milk-oozing Full Moon
of childhood days long gone
Land is my ‘Ummaa’
Sea, my ‘Vaappaa’
I am one who sprang of
the sea-embracing wave
I tumbled there
rolled there
I am the memory of
the Sea and Land’s communion
Forest is my Pappaa
Moon, my Mammaa
I am the ray of sun - yes
born of Moon wasted away
in wilderness
My Land
My Moon
My Timespan
Upon all blooms a flower
One and only fragrance; existence
Well, mine is but,
existence
away from homeland, alas.....

நிலமும் நிலவு நிமித்தமும்
----------++++++++-----
எனது நிலம்
எனது நிலவு
எனது காடு
எனது கடல்
எனது உடல்
எல்லாமும் நிகழ்வுறும்
எனது மனம்
எனது வனம்
பால்யத்தில் பால் வழிந்த
என் பௌர்ணமியை துலாவுகிறது நினைவு
நிலம் என் உம்மா
கடல் என் வாப்பா
கடல் தழுவிக்கிடந்த அலையில் எழுந்தவன் நான்
வீழ்ந்தவன் நான்
புரண்டவன் நான்
பொங்கியவன் நான்
நான் கடலும் நிலமும் புணர்ந்த நினைவு
காடு என் வாப்பா
நிலவு என் உம்மா
காட்டிலெறித்த நிலாவைத் தழுவி விரிந்த சூர்யக்கீற்று நான்
எனது நிலம்
எனது நிலவு
எனது காலம்
எல்லாவற்றின் மீதும் மலர்கிறது ஒரு பூ
ஒரேயொரு வாசம்
வாசம் துறந்த வாழ்வெனக்கு.



(2) BOOKS BUTCHERED

They have butchered the books
On the ashes of a Moment
The scar of History writhes in angush
In my heart’s
Out of five thousand texts
I saw millions of words burning
melting and seeping out
One by one.
With teary eyes.
the dense dark night looked on
The voice of retrieval was maliciously stained
Not he
In the book-garden of his household
the history of nation also must have been there
in tact
‘Aatrupadai’ must have strolled
with its world renowned majestic gait.
Time immortal must have stayed alive
That was not his but a Life
treasured for the nation’s
successive generations
They have killed it
In one droplet of fire
The whole forest of books turned into ashes.
I saw millions of words burning
melting and seeping out
one by one.
With teary eyes
the dense dark night looked on.
Mullai Mushrifa
புத்தகங்களைக் கொன்று விட்டார்கள்
-----------------------
புத்தகங்களைக் கொன்று விட்டார்கள்
கணத்தின் சாம்பல் மீது
வரலாற்று வடு
துடிக்கிறது
என் இதயத்தின் பனுவலில்
ஐயாயிரம் நூல்களிலிருந்து
கோடி அட்சரங்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றாய் உருகி வழிந்ததைக் கண்டேன்
கண்கலங்கிக் கருமிரவு
மீட்பின் குரல்கள் மீது கறை பூசிற்றுக் கொடூரம்
அவரல்லர்
அவர் வீட்டு நூல்கள் தோட்டத்தில் தேசத்தின் வரலாறும் இருந்திருக்கும்
உலகுய்யும் ஆற்றுப்படை நடை மிளிர்ந்திருக்கும்
காலம் கருகா காலம் உயிர்த்திருக்கும்
அது அவருடைமதுமல்ல தேசத்தின் சந்ததிக்கு உயிலெழுதப்பட்ட உயிர்
கொன்று விட்டார்கள்
ஒருதுளி தீயில் வெந்து தணிந்தது நூல் காடு
ஐயாயிரம் நூல்களிலிருந்து
கோடி அட்சரங்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றாய் உயிர் கருகி
உதிர்ந்து வீழ்வதைக்கண்டேன்
கண்கலங்கிற்றுக் கருமிரவு.



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE