INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

PALAIVANA LANTHER

 A POEM BY

PALAIVANA LANTHER

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

When in the world
spite and venom swell and overflow
I would come alighting off the ceiling
From your sins
From your worries
I would redeem thee.
I have no hands
nor legs
Can you hear the sound of the first ever crime
committed by you
That was a minute after my caution
O, the allegiance of hunt unleashed
Before everything
I would be in the semblance of a doll
which you had thrown
which you had broken
which you had lost
Aid and Support me

உலகின் வன்மங்கள் பெருகிப் போகும் போது
மேற்கின் கூரையிலிருந்து நான் இறங்கி வருவேன்
உன் பாவங்களிலிருந்து
உன் கவலைகளிலிருந்து
உம்மை மீட்டெடுப்பேன்
எனக்கு கைகள் இல்லை
கால்களும் இல்லை
நீ முதன் முதலாக செய்த குற்றத்தின் ஓசை கேட்கிறதா
அது எனது எச்சரிக்கைக்கு பிந்தைய நிமிடம்
கையவிழ்க்கப்பட்ட வேட்டையின் விசுவாசமே
எல்லாவற்றிற்கும் முன்னமாக
நீ தூக்கியெறிந்த
நீ உடைத்தெறிந்த
நீ தொலைத்து விட்ட
ஒரு
பொம்மையின் சாயலில் இருப்பேன்
எனை ஆதரி...

பாலைவன லாந்தர்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE