INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, April 28, 2022

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR

 A POEM BY

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

THE LAND WHERE DEMONS WANDER….
Gathering my friends I get ready
to meet the demons.
I fill my heart with hopes excessive
My friend touches Viboothi
Holy thread
Cross
Quran
and several more things sacred
and places his palm over his eyes
reverentially.
I
by way of testing my courage within
began writing a poem
With the caption
‘THE LAND WHERE DEMONS WANDER….’.
The poem writhed and leapt
as if it had drunk the demons’ blood.
It grew in its own way
turning insane it outperformed the demon
Bringing my poem under leash
I sit at the round table
to have a dialogue with the demons.
The knots of today I untie one by one
From them
spread out
Price –rise of essential commodities
Fuel scarcity
Pending salary
Dearth in dollars
So on and so forth
The chieftain-demon
with form gigantic
eyes bulging
wailed thunderously
driving everything
away from its ears.
The lines of poems I have in abundance
I scatter all over the space
The demon turned into ashes
by my raging poem of anguish.

பேய்கள் உலாவும் நாடு.
பேய்களை சந்திப்பதற்காக
தோழர்களுடன் ஆயத்தமாகிறேன்.
மனதிற்குள் அளவுக்கதிக நம்பிக்கையினை செதுக்கிக்கொள்கிறேன்.
சக நண்பன்
பையிலிருந்த
விபூதி
பிரித்நூல்
சிலுவை
குர்ஆன்
என பல புனிதங்களை தொட்டு கண்களில் ஒட்டிக்கொள்கிறான்.
நான் என்னுள் தைரியத்தை பரிசோதனை செய்வதாக
பேய்கள் உலாவும் நாடு எனும் தலைப்பில் கவிதையொன்றை எழுத தொடங்கினேன்,
கவிதை−பேய்களின் ராட்சதம் குடித்தாற்போல் திமிறியது.
கவிதை− தன் இஸ்டப்படி விரிந்தது.
கவிதை−பித்தாகி பேயை மிஞ்சிட்டது.
என் கவிதையினை கட்டுப்படுத்தி பேய்களுடன் பேசுவதற்கு வட்டமேசையில் அமர்கிறேன்.
சமகால வேதனை முடிச்சுக்களை ஒவ்வொன்றாக அவிழ்த்து விடுகிறேன்
அதிலிருந்து
அத்தியாவசிய பொருட்களின் விலையேற்றம்
எரிபொருட்களுக்கான தட்டுபாடு
சம்பள நிலுவை
டொலர் பற்றாக்குறை
என அனைத்தும் விரிந்தது...
கட்டுமஸ்த்தான உருவத்தால்
விழி பிதுங்கி இருந்த தலைமை பேய்
யாதையும் தன் செவிகளுக்குள் புகாதபடி
கதறியது.
மிகுதியாய்
என்னிடமிருந்த பாடல் வரிகளை
அவ்வெளியெங்கும் விசுறுகிறேன்.
பேய்
என் வேதனை கவியால் பொசுங்கி தீர்ந்தது.
~~~~

மாரிமுத்து சிவகுமார்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE