INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Friday, April 29, 2022

MULLAI AMUTHAN

 A POEM BY 

MULLAI AMUTHAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

Holding the hand of Hope I walk along
These lot and those lot
Saying this and that
about Him
go on
From the very start my affection
for him
grew into Hope
He never invited me with hands outstretched
Nor have I ever approached him
Yet
the roots of Hope
have spread deeper
He wouldn’t have searched for me
but I have.
Far yet near
he was to me forever
so dear
Being so close to my heart
this I realize now at last.
I am not for
severing the roots of Hope
before or after
If you want,
tell me what you want to say
Just say
and go away
My window remains open
awaiting his arrival
Roots are still
so deep-rooted
You who spreads the poisonous gas and goes away - alas
Just get lost, I say
Hope is erected so deep down
beyond the reach of poison.


நம்பிக்கையை
தான் கைப்பிடித்து
நடக்கிறேன்.
அவர் பற்றி
இவர்களும் அவர்களும்
நடத்தும் பட்டிமன்றம் முடியவே இல்லை..
தொடக்கத்தில்
இருந்தே அவர் மீதான
அன்பு
நம்பிக்கையாக வளர்ந்தது..
அவர் கை நீட்டி அழைத்ததில்லை...
நானும் அவரிடம் நெருங்கியதில்லை.
ஆனாலும்
நம்பிக்கை வேர்கள்
ஆழமாய் ஊடுருவி இருக்கிறது.
என்னை அவ்ர் தேடியிருக்க வாய்ப்பில்லை..
ஆனால்
அவரை தேடியிருக்கிறேன்..
நெருங்கமுடியாதவர் எனினும்..
என்னுள் நெருங்கியே இருந்திருக்கிறார்
என்பதை
இப்போது உணர்கிறேன்..
நம்பிக்கை வேர்களை அறுந்தெறிந்துவிட
தயாராக இல்லை...
வேண்டுமென்றால் உன் சேதியை
சொல்லிவிட்டு
சொல்லிவிட்டுப் போய்விடு..
அவரின் வருகை பார்த்து..
சன்னல் திறந்திருக்கிறது.
வேர்கள் இன்னும் இன்னும்
ஆழ்மாகவே வேர் விட்டு நிற்கிறது...
நச்சுப்புகையை வீசிவிட்டுப்போகும் -
நீ
நினைத்துக்கொன்டிருக்கிறாய்..
போடா போ..
நஞ்சு புகமுடியாத ஆழத்தில்
நம்பிக்கை கட்டி எழுப்பட்டுள்ளது.

முல்லைஅமுதன் 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE