INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, June 22, 2026

DANISKARAN KANDASAMY

A POEM BY 

DANISKARAN KANDASAMY

Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

A WANDERER AND SOME JUNGLES


I was spreading and reading
the songs of jungles
one by one.
Before I could read the last song
He began drawing the jungle around me.
In his jungle
Some were taking photos
Some others were cooking
Scratching the head with the felled
dry twigs
Two monkeys were pricking
each other.
Seeing an elephant at a distance
I approached it, drawing close.
The artist pulling me by the hand saying
It is a rogue elephant.
Shaking off his hand
I moved still closer
The river where it was drinking water
was running in crimson colour.
Watching its legs
hastily I asked him to draw Dr.Krishnamoorthy.
This is year 2022. Not possible now
He refused.
For the sake of saving the remaining elephants
at any cost
I asked for converting the empty bottles
lying broken in the painting
into stones
stones started accumulaing in heaps
here there everywhere
Now I have made possible the painting
inside your eyes
All of you please exit
I need to think about making possible
the jungle.





No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

APRIL, MAY, JUNE 2026 - INSIGHT