INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

K.MOHANARANGAN

 A POEM BY

K.MOHANARANGAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


THE ART OF PARTING……

As they have been snatched by me
through saying things
the opposite of which I had within _
Whenever I try to use
in times of need
the magical chants of Love
given to me wholeheartedly
the woe of it not bearing fruit
happens indeed.
My sorrow
is the Cross ordained to me.
However big it is
I wouldn’t stand before anyone
seeking solace. Amen.
I will bear it all by myself.
Yet
It is during the tiny little drop of joy
taking place once in a blue moon
I become dumbstruck.
It is only when
not knowing how to relish it
nor being able to quench the ardour
it stirs within
I try to share it with another heart
deemed close to mine
and fail
the chasm under the bridge
that I had crossed many a time
with no fear whatsoever
comes into view.
God who has in store
Time Infinite
in his coffers
has gifted us
just a paltry portion of it
Not allowing man to spend even that
to those he loves
He has kept them apart.
This being the case
when ripening in togetherness
that which one should learn
Is the art of parting with ease.

யாதனின் யாதனின் நீங்கியான்
______________________________________
உள்ளொன்று வைத்து
புறத்தே நயந்து பேசி
நடிப்பால்
நான் கவர்ந்தவையென்பதால்,
எனக்கு உவந்தளிக்கப்பட்ட
அன்பின் மந்திரங்களை
அவசியமான தருணங்களில்
உபயோகிக்க முயலும்போதெல்லாம்
அவை பலியாது போய்விடும்
அவலம் நேரிடுகிறது.
என் துக்கம்
எனக்கு விதிக்கப்பட்ட சிலுவை;
எவ்வளவு பெரிதாயினும்
அதற்கு ஆறுதல்கோரி
யாரிடமும் நிற்கமாட்டேன்;
நானே சுமந்து தீர்வேன்!
ஆயினும்,
அரிதாக எப்போதாகிலும் கிடைக்கும்
சிறிய மகிழ்வின் போதுதான்
திகைத்துப் போய்விடுகிறேன்!
திளைக்கவும் தெரியாது,
அது தரும் கிளர்ச்சியைத் தணிக்கவும் பொறாமல்,
அணுக்கமென எண்ணிய
இன்னொரு மனதிடம்
அந்நெகிழ்ச்சியை
பகிர முனைந்து தோற்கையில்தான்
பயமேதுமின்றி
பலமுறை கடந்த
பாலத்தின் அடியிலிருக்கும்
பாதாளம் தெரியவருகிறது.
கணக்கற்ற காலத்தை
தனது கஜானாவில்
காத்து வைத்திருக்கும்
கடவுள்,
அதனின்றும் சொற்ப நேரத்தைதான்
மனிதர்களுக்கு
அருளியிருக்கிறார்.
அதையும்
விரும்பியவர்களோடு
செலவிடமுடியாதபடிக்கு அவர்களை
விலக்கி வைத்திருக்கிறார்.
எனில்
உறவில் கனிகையில்
ஒருவர் பழக வேண்டியது
பிரிவின் கலையைதான்.
- க.மோகனரங்கன்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024