INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

AKASAMOORTHY

 A POEM BY

AKASAMOORTHY

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


Till the time I got married
I was living for my own self.
After marriage I live for others alone.
I who had asked
‘How much a kilo of love costs’
Thanks to my wife’s resolve and resilience
slicing all my flesh and muscles of arrogance
enduring the pain
placed them all in her weighing scale.
Our child came into being.
My residual body craved for the love of three females
and knelt down.
My mother who till date has been teaching me good and bad
considering me a kid always
Is in the grip of old age, getting drained.
Still, she wouldn’t let me treat her as a child
Caressing, cajoling.
I am the gifted child delivered by that
lady upright
All my days are but Mother’s Days always.

திருமணத்திற்கு முன்புவரை நான் எனக்காகவே வாழ்ந்தேன்.
பிறகு பிறருக்காகவே வாழ்கிறேன்.
அன்பு கிலோ என்ன விலை என்றவன்
மனைவியின் கெடுபிடியால் ஆணவச் சதைகளை
வலிக்கவலிக்க அறுத்து
அவளின் தராசில் போட்டேன்.
குழந்தை பிறந்தாள்.
மீந்த உடல் மூன்று பெண்களின் அன்புக்கு ஏங்கி மண்டியிட்டது.
இப்போதுவரை ஒவ்வொன்றுக்கும் புத்திசொல்லி புத்திசொல்லி
என்னை இன்னும் குழந்தையாகவே பாவிக்கும் என் அம்மா
வயோதிகத்தின் பிடியில் தளர்ந்திருக்கிறாள்.
ஆனாலும் நான் அவளைக்
குழந்தை என்று கொஞ்ச விடமாட்டாள்.
அந்த வைராக்கியம் பெற்றெடுத்த பாக்கியம் நான்.
என் எல்லா நாட்களும் அன்னையர் தினங்கள்தான்.

ஆகாச மூர்த்தி

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024