INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, June 19, 2024

ATHMAJIV

 A POEM BY

ATHMAJIV

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



My God

I know not how to live
this beautiful life given by thee
Thinking that I lead a poetic life
I have turned a debtor in strife.
Starting from 13
Before I became 21
My life has completed one full circle.
At the age of 41
Mother breathed her last.
Burdened with the memories of she
who nurtured my dreams
I became a vagrant.
Life attempts to stop the breath of
He who has breathed writing
till the age of 57.
The Life of he escaping the third time
and continue to wander
carrying the burden of body
Time has forced it to survive
with hands outstretched
begging for alms
Is it for this
that I am endowed with the expertise of
converting the silence of pain
into sculpture of words….
Oh, My God...
Turning the silence of pains
into clusters of words
and have my life get lost in that -
Was it thinking on that line
that you have bestowed upon me
this life as boon sovereign...
Twisting and stringing the worn-put
spinal chord
I held a weapon aloft
against the battalion of Words
wearing no shield at all
in all grandeur till yesterday - Alas.
Maiming the fingers of He
who penned Poetry
Forcing him to go begging _
Is it all an entertainment to thee, perhaps….
My God
Just once read this letter
written by he who is buried deep inside
the tomb of Words
Please read it just once, My God….
Debts strangulate myself
My Life has turned into a deadly noose
Before I could read the last page
Please don’t tear it off and cast away.
Please occupy your seat
at one corner of my heart
that yearns to stretch somehow
the silence of my residual pains
till the end of the full-stop
and read till the final page
and keep enjoying the scene….
wherein
this sculpture of words
being chiseled by my pains.
He who has lost the blessed life
that you have bestowed upon him
losing it in the labyrinth of
the cluster of words –
To thee
He is offering these flowers
twined with tears.


கடவுளே
நீ கொடுத்த இந்த அழகான வாழ்க்கையை
வாழத் தெரியவில்லை எனக்கு.
கவிதைத்தனமாக வாழ்கிறேன்
என்று நினைத்து
கடனாளி ஆகி விட்டேன்.
13 வயதில் துவங்கி
21 வயதிற்குள் ஒரு முழுசுற்று
முடிந்து விட்டது வாழ்க்கை எனக்கு.
41 வயதில் மண்ணில் புதைந்தாள் அம்மா.
என் கனவுகளை வளர்த்தவளின்
நினைவுகளைச் சுமந்து ஊர்சுற்றி ஆனேன்.
57 வயதுவரை
எழுத்தை சுவாசித்தவனின் மூச்சை
நிறுத்த முயற்சிக்கிறது வாழ்க்கை
இப்போது.
மூன்றாம் முறை தப்பிப் பிழைத்தவன்
உடலைச் சுமந்து கொண்டு அலையும் உயிரை
கையேந்திப் பிழைக்க வைத்திருக்கிறது
காலம்.
வலியின் மௌனத்தை
வார்த்தைச் சிலையாக்கும் வித்தையை
வரமாய் தந்தது இதற்குத்தானா
என் கடவுளே...
வலிகளின் மௌனத்தை
வார்த்தைக் கூட்டமாக்கி அதற்குள்
தொலைத்து விடு உன் வாழ்வை
என்று நினைத்தா வரமாய் தந்தாய்
இந்த வாழ்க்கையை.
தேய்ந்துபோன முதுகுத்தண்டுவடத்தை
முறுக்கி எழுந்து நின்று
ஓர் ஆயுதம் ஏந்தினேன்
சொற்கூட்டத்தின் முன் கவசமின்றி
கம்பீரமாய் நேற்றுவரை.
கவிதைகள் எழுதியவனின் விரல்களை
வெட்டி எறிந்து முடமாக்கி
கையேந்த வைத்து
வேடிக்கைப் பார்க்கிறாயோ ஒருவேளை.
சொற்களின் கல்லறைக்குள் புதைந்தவனின்
இந்தக் கடிதத்தை ஒருமுறை எனக்காக
வாசித்துப் பார் என் கடவுளே...
கடன் நெறிக்கிறது கழுத்தை
இறுகும் கயிறானது என் வாழ்க்கை.
கடைசி பக்கத்தை வாசிப்பதற்குள்
அதையும் நீ கிழித்து எறிந்து விடாதே.
மிச்சமிருக்கும் என் வலிகளின் மௌனத்தை
முற்றுப் புள்ளியின் முடிவுவரை நகர்த்தி
கடைசிப் பக்கம்வரை வாசித்துவிட
துடிக்கிற என் இதயத்தின் ஒரு ஓரத்தில்
உன் இருக்கையில் அமர்ந்து
வேடிக்கைப் பார்
என் வலிகளால் செதுக்கப்படும்
வார்த்தைகளின் சிலையை.
நீ கொடுத்த இந்த அழகான வாழ்க்கையை
வார்த்தைக் கூட்டத்திற்குள் தொலைத்தவன்
உனக்கு சமர்ப்பிக்கும் பூக்கள் இது...
ஆனால்
கண்ணீரால் கோர்க்கப்பட்டது.

ஆத்மாஜீவ்
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024