INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, June 20, 2024

PUNITHA JOTHI

 A POEM BY

PUNITHA JOTHI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

Difficult to carry benevolence
in an alien soil, you announce
Don’t have eye-to-eye contact
with the Homeless
when you converse
You advise
How to contain a tiny fear
inside my handbag, Ho dear….
I am one
who invites the sky
into my window
and enquire after its needs, you know...
A bird that freely fly across the sea
and return happily...
My heart’s pointer is but the beam balance
that forever leans on the side of benevolence
Words luminous
remain there
revealing the
the darkness
What can I do, Oh,Yes _
I am a poetess
அந்நியநாட்டில்
கருணையை சுமப்பது
கடினம் என்கிறாய்
Homeless உடன்
கண்களோடு தொடர்பு
கொண்டு பேசாதே என்கிறாய்
சிறு அச்சத்தை கைப்பைக்குள்
தூக்கிச் சுமப்பது எப்படி?
நானோ
சன்னலுக்குள்
வானத்தை வரவழைத்து
அதன் தேவையை கேட்டறிபவள்
சுதந்திரமாய் கடல்கடந்து
சென்று திரும்பும் பறவை
எப்போதும்
என் இதயமுள்
கருணையின் பக்கம் சாயும்
துலாக்கோல்
ஒளிமிக்க சொற்கள்
இருளைக் காட்டியபடிநிற்கிறது
என்ன செய்வேன்
நானோ கவிதாயினி

செ.புனிதஜோதி

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024