INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, November 5, 2022

S.RAVINDRAN

 TWO POEMS BY 

S.RAVINDRAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

1. MOTHER
Killing my father
I have admitted my mother in the mental asylum
Sins in human forms are strolling everywhere
But I don’t care
Allowing my weak legs to dangle
in the abyss of earth
I am sitting on a willowy weight
Looking at the bird
that flies into deep chasms
I screamed aloud
The sound that reached nowhere
remained inside the voice itself
With mere wind I blow the balloons
and make their bellies bloated
This universe is also expanding so.
Knows not what is blowing
If the cosmos were to explode
at this very instant
I would escape from this miserable life
and settle as ashes
on the dust of Time Immemorial
Oh, Mother….

அம்மா

அப்பாவை கொன்றுவிட்டு
அம்மாவை பைத்தியக்கார விடுதியில் சேர்த்திருக்கிறேன்
எங்கெங்கும் மனித பாவங்கள் அலைகிறார்கள்
நானோ இதையெல்லாம்
ஒரு பொருட்டாக மதிப்பதில்லை
வலுவிழந்த கால்களை
பூமியின் பள்ளத்தில் தொங்கவிட்டு
ஒரு சிறிய எடையில் அமர்ந்திருக்கிறேன்
பெரும் ஆழங்களினுள் பறக்கிற
அந்த பறவை நோக்கி
பலங்கொண்டு கத்தினேன்
எங்கும் சேராத சப்தம்
குரலுக்குள்ளேயே தங்கிவிட்டது
வெறும் காற்றை மட்டும் வைத்து
பாலூன்களை ஊதி அதன் வயிற்றை நிரப்பிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
இந்த பிரபஞ்சமும் அப்படித்தான்
விரிந்துகொண்டே இருக்கிறது
ஊதுவது எதுவென்று தெரியவில்லை
பேரண்டம் இப்பொழுது வெடித்தால்கூட
இந்த அவலமான வாழ்விலிருந்து தப்பித்து
அரதப் பழசான தூசியில்
சாம்பலென படிவேன் அம்மா

S Ravindran


2. PEACE


My silence is
a recreation club
My obstinacy a comical proscenium
My fooleries
A joker’s dais.
As a circus animal
I am contained in this Global giant cage
As an irreversible old error
I keep attempting to stitch something
out of this universe
Ignoring that it is being torn further
picking up a lost shoe of a child
I run behind the wagon.
This world watches on amused
Crying Peace, Peace someone’s voice
comes pursuing.

சமாதானம்
என் மௌனம் ஒரு கேளிக்கை விடுதி
என் பிடிவாதம் ஒரு கோமளித்தன அரங்கம்
என் பைத்தியக்காரத்தனங்கள்
ஒரு ஜோக்கர் மேடை
சர்க்கஸ் விலங்குபோல்
நான் இந்த பூமியின் கூண்டில் அடைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறேன்
திருத்த முடியாத பழைய பிழையைப்போல்
இந்த பிரபஞ்சத்தில் இருந்து
எதையோ தைக்க முயற்சிக்கிறேன்
மேலும் அது கிழிவதை பொருட்படுத்தாமல்
ஒரு குழந்தையின் தவறிய ஷூவை எடுத்துக்கொண்டு
வாகனத்தின் பின்புறம் ஓடுகிறேன்
இந்த உலகம் வேடிக்கை பார்க்கிறது
சமாதானம் சமாதானம் கத்தியபடி
யாருடைய குரலோ ஓடிக்கொண்டு வருகிறது
~ S.ரவீந்திரன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024