INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

MADURAI SATHYA

 A POEM BY 

MADURAI SATHYA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


THE MISSING DOG AND MYSELF
Every day
when I return after night shift
fearing the street barking street dogs
I would collect some small stones
and have them ready in my hand
That day when I accidentally saw a poster
about a ‘missing’ dog
heart turning heavy
I looked keenly at the faces of those dogs
that went past
Mostly they all looked the same
Suppose I come across an abandoned dog
I could give it to them
So my heart began contemplating
and as I was also lost for some time
along with the dog
Forgetting to collect the stones
as I walked along
My Home had arrived.
No dog barked that night
Wonder why.

நாயோடு தொலைந்த நானும்..!!
ஒவ்வொரு நாளும்
இரவு நேரப் பணி முடிந்து வருகையில்
குரைக்கும் தெருநாய்களுக்கு பயந்து
கற்களைப் பொறுக்கி
கையில் வைத்து நடப்பது வழக்கம்
அன்று எதேச்சையாக காணாமல் போன
ஒரு நாய் குறித்த விளம்பரச் சுவரொட்டியைக் கண்டதும்
மனம் கனத்து
கடந்துப் போன நாய்களின் முகங்களை எல்லாம்
உற்றுப் பார்த்தேன்
பெரும்பாலும் எல்லாமே ஒன்றுப்போலவே தெரிந்தது
வேறு ஏதும் கைவிடப்பட்ட நாய்குட்டி கிடைத்தாலாவது
அவர்களிடம் கொடுக்கலாமா என்றெல்லாம் கூட
மனதில் யோசனை தொடங்கி
அந்த நாயோடு நானும் சில நாழிகை காணாமல் போனதில்
கற்களைப் பொறுக்க மறந்து நடந்துவர
வீடு வந்திருந்தது
அன்றைய இரவில் ஏனோ
எந்த நாயும் குரைக்கவே இல்லை..!!

மதுரை சத்யா


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE