INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

ARSHAD AD

 A POEM BY

ARSHAD AD

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


DON’T CRY, DEAR MOTHER…



The pain you must’ve experienced
While bearing me in your womb for ten long months
When bringing me safely into this world,
Why, even when my life was lost
Couldn’t be as worse as the
pain unbearable borne by you
when I was burnt.
If they could be safe on my ashes
Be happy about it my Dear Mother.
Though I had lived in this world
for a mere twenty days
I had lived with you, Dear Mother
While being inside you as fetus
You had talked to me
You had caressed me with fond words
You had laughed with me
Cried with me
Every now and then
Feeling your stomach
You would be stroking me
With all the affection in the world.
I too had kicked you
With my tiny feet
Oh, if it had caused you pain,
forgive me, Dear Mother
Even when asleep you were careful
not to roll over
and cause me pain.
Such was your concern.
True, my getting burnt in fire
must’ve proved unbearable to you,
but, cry not, Dear Mother
it was the fire that burnt not Ibrahim
which had consumed my body.
Do you think that it would’ve hurt me
Don’t cry Dear Mother
Though it was a devious plan that burnt my person
Don’t you realize that it is my destiny
It is the will of the Creator, my Dear Mother
Created by Him I am so blessed
Cry not, Dear Mother
I’ll be waiting for thee in Heaven
After arriving there
You can feed me with milk
to your heart’s content
to my hunger’s appeasement
Arshad AD
அழாதே அம்மா
--------------------------
பத்துமாதம் சுமந்த போது
பத்திரமாய் என்னை ஈன்றபோது
ஏன்... என் உயிர் பிரிந்தபோது கூட
வலித்காதவொரு வலியை அனுபவித்திருப்பாய்
என்னை எரித்தபோது...
என் சம்பல் மேல்தான் இவர்கள்
பாதுகாப்பாய் இருப்பார்கள் என்றால்
அதில் நீ
சந்தோசம்கொள் அம்மா..
இந்த உலகில் நான்
வாழ்ந்த நாட்கள்
இருபதே என்றாலும்
உன்னோடு வாழ்ந்திருக்கிறேன்
ஈரைந்து மாதங்கள்
கருவிலே இருந்த என்னோடு
நீ
பேசியிருக்கிறாய்
கொஞ்சியிருக்கிறாய்
சிரித்திருக்கிறாய்
அழுதிருக்கிறாய்
அடிக்கடி உன் வயிற்றின்மேல்
ஆசையாய் என்னைத்
தொட்டுத் தடவியிருக்கிறாய்
நானும்
என் பிஞ்சுக் கால்களால்
உன்னை உதைத்திருக்கிறேன்
வலித்திருந்தால் மன்னித்துவிடு அம்மா...
புரண்டு படுத்தால்
என்னை பாதிக்குமென்று
தூக்கத்தில் கூட என்னில்
கரிசனம் கொண்ட உனக்கு
நான் தீயில் பொசுங்கியதை தாங்கிக்கொள்ள
முடியாமல்தான் இருக்கும்
அழாதே அம்மா....
இப்ராஹிமை எரிக்காத நெருப்புதான்
என்னுடலை பொசுக்கியது
அது எனக்கு
வேதனை கொடுத்திருக்குமென்று
நீ நினைக்கிறாயா?
அழாதே அம்மா..
என்னுடலை எரித்தது சதியென்றாலும்
அதுவே என் விதியென்று நீ
அறியவில்லையா?
படைத்தவன் விரும்பம்
அதுவே அம்மா - அவன்
படைப்பினில் நானும்
சிறந்தேன் அம்மா..
நீ அழாதே...
அழாதே அம்மா...
சுவனத்தில் உனக்காய்
காத்திருப்பேன் அம்மா
அங்கு வந்து
உன் ஆசைதீர
என் பசிதீர
எனக்குப் பால்கொடு அம்மா...
-அர்ஷத்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE