INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

SHANMUGAM SUBRAMANIAM

 A POEM BY

SHANMUGAM SUBRAMANIAM


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


Though leaf yet a bird
standing in that branch
is also seen
Wonder why my eyes yearn to linger
on the rims of leaves
The sharp tip of the leaf attempts to
teach me the void
I too have at times
apprehended the vacant space standing
on the tip of my index finger.
That has always been sans stir any
After viewing the leaf that quivers
in the soft breeze
rasping against the bird close by
the scene meant for me
ends not with the leaf, Oh My!.

Shanmugam Subramaniam

இலை என்றாலும் கிளையில் கூடவே
ஒரு பறவை நின்றிருப்பதும் புலப்படுகிறது
என் பார்வை இலையின் ஒரங்களில்
நிலைத்திருக்க விரும்புவது எதனால் தெரியவில்லை
இலையின் கூர்முனை வெற்றிடத்தினை
என்னில் கற்பிக்க முனைகிறது
நானும் சில பொழுது
என்சுட்டுவிரல் முனையில் நின்றிருக்கும் வெற்றிடத்தினை கண்டுள்ளேன்
அது கிளர்வற்றதாகவே இருந்துள்ளது
காற்றின் இலேசில் நடுக்குறும் இலை
அருகிலுள்ள பறவையை உரசுவதைக்
கண்டபின் இலையோடு முடியவில்லை
எனக்கான காட்சி.
- எஸ்.சண்முகம் -

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE