INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, January 25, 2021

MA. KALIDASS

 POEMS BY

MA. KALIDASS


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




Within me a Music keeps playing
That so fondly cradles me
caresses my head
Entwining my finger it takes me to
heart’s innermost recesses.
Squeezing me into a cascade
turning me breathless
It identifies me as an image anew
with all the dirt dissolved
A spec of spark splashing out of Music
has extinguished the fire raging inside me.
The tiny droplet sprinkled from the Music
has transformed all my filth into pristine pure
When I was cast aside as ‘*Aralippoo’,
Music gave me the pride of place in pooja.
When they jeered at me calling me *‘Erukkanchedi’
pouring my milk it had removed the thorn that had
caused bleeding wound
Guessing somehow my wish to breathe my last
Blissfully enjoying it with eyes shut
the Music keeps startling me
not allowing me to close my eyes.
எனக்குள் ஒரு இசை
ஒலித்துக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறது.
அது என்னைத் தாலாட்டுகிறது
தலை கோதுகிறது
என் விரலைக் கோர்த்தபடி
மனதின் அதலபாதாளத்திற்கு அழைத்துச் செல்கிறது.
ஒரு பேரருவியில் என்னைத் திணித்து
திக்குமுக்காட வைத்து
எல்லா அழுக்குகளும் கரைந்த
வேறொரு பிம்பமாய் அடையாளப்படுத்துகிறது.
இசையிலிருந்து தெறித்த சிறு பொறி
எனக்குள் கனன்று கொண்டிருந்த
தீயை அணைத்துவிட்டது.
இசையிலிருந்து தெளித்த சிறு துளி
என் கழிவுகளை நிர்மலமாக்கிவிட்டது.
அரளிப்பூவென நான் ஒதுக்கப்பட்ட போது, இசை
தன் பூஜையில் என்னை முதன்மையாக்கியது.
எருக்கஞ்செடியென ஏளனப்படுத்திய போது, என் பாலை ஊற்றி
ரணமாக்கிய முள்ளை வெளியேற்றியது.
கண்மூடி ரசித்துக் கொண்டே
என்னுயிர் பிரிந்துவிட வேண்டுமென்பதை எப்படியோ புரிந்து கொண்ட இசை,
கண் மூடவிடாதபடி
பூச்சாண்டி காட்டிக் கொண்டே இருக்கிறது.
- மா.காளிதாஸ்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE