INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

MULLAI AMUTHAN

 A POEM BY 

MULLAI AMUTHAN



Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

Deciphering the signal correctly
I walk along in my own legs
I move the chess coins
with my own hands.
As far as my eyes could perceive
I am able to see and experience.
Expressing anger
Shedding tears
and for laughter
I am able to adjust my face accordingly
in my own way.
You try to give spectacles for my eyes.
Insist that I should wear your attires.
Please allow me to choose the footwear
to be worn by me.
If I am to live
all for your sake
always kneeling down before thee
just get lost.
Smashing everything I would go past.
If there be the need
even stark naked indeed.

என் கால்களால்
நடக்கிறேன் குறிப்பறிந்து.
என் கைகளால்
சதுரங்கக் காய்களை
நகர்த்துகிறேன்.
பார்வையின் எல்லைவரை
விழிகளால்
பார்த்து உணரமுடிகிறது.
கோபப்பட,
அழுதுவிட,சிரிக்க
முகத்தை என்
பாணியில் சரிசெய்யமுடிகிறது.
என் கண்களுக்கு
நீ மூக்குக் கண்ணாடிதர
முனைகிறாய்.
உன் உடைகளை
நான் உடுத்திக்கொள்ள
வலியுறுத்துகிறாய்.
பாதரட்சைகளை
நானே தெரிவுசெய்ய விட்டுவிடு.
எதுவும்
உனக்காக அல்லது
உன்னிடம் மண்டியிட்டே
பயணிக்கவேண்டும் எனில்
போ!
எல்லாம் உடைத்தபடி
பயணிப்பேன்
நிர்வாணமாயெனினும்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE