INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

MALINI MALA

 A POEM BY 

MALINI MALA


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


Inside this sky of dawn
that I chance to have my eyes on
once in a blue moon
Oh, colours countless; umpteen
In my view darting across
the window-angle
The trees of snowy season
with laves shed and frozen
have sketched static
line-drawings.
Leaning against one corner of the window
holding a hot cup of coffee in my hand
I keep trying to lend me warmth
with the smoke coming out
for
just as humans inert
trees that don’t sprout
my heart abhors.

எப்போதாவது அபூர்வமாய்
ரசித்துப் பார்க்க வாய்க்கும்
இந்த விடியலின் வானத்துக்குள்
எத்தனை வண்ணங்கள் .
ஒரு சாளர வியூகத்திலிருந்து
தெறிக்கும் பார்வையில்
இலையுதிர்த்த
உறைகால மரங்கள்
கிளைகளினூடு அசைவற்ற
கோட்டுச்சித்திரங்களை
வரைத்திருக்கின்றன.
ஜன்னலோரத்தில்
சாய்ந்துகொண்டே
கையில் சூடான
கோப்பிக்குவளையை
ஏந்தியிருக்கும் நான்
மேலெழுந்துவரும்
ஆவியைக்கொண்டு
கதகதபூட்ட முயன்றுகொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.
ஏனெனில்,
இயங்காத மனிதர்கள் போல்
துளிர்க்காத மரங்களையும்
எனக்குப் பிடிப்பதேயில்லை.

MALINI MALA

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE