INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, January 25, 2021

NAMBI ABI

 A POEM BY

NAMBI ABI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


THE NIGHT OF THE DEMONS


Being in the seat of Night
I am doing penance
Some demons hunt my toy-body
hand it over to the third leg of midnight
and feeling utmost elated at
having hounded me
Turning down a cluster of smiles
of the Day
vanish into the sketches I had drawn at night
I won’t let them go scot free.
Dragging them back into my poem
I would leave them in the hands
of the second part of the Day
for a hunting spree.
Nambi Abi
வேதாளங்களின் இரவு.
இரவு நாற்காலியில்
தவமிருக்கிறேன்
எனது பொம்மை உடலை
வேதாளங்கள் சில
வேட்டையாடி
நதியில் மிதந்து கொண்டிருக்கும்
மூன்றாம் பின்னிரவிடம்
ஒப்படைத்து விட்டு
என்னை வேட்டையாடிய
பெரும் மகிழ்வோடு
பகலின்
ஒரு கொத்துப் புன்னகைகளை நிராகரித்தபடி
இரவு
நான் வரைந்த
ஓவியங்களுக்குள் மறைகின்றன
எனினும்
நான் விடுவதாயில்லை
எனது கவிதைக்குள்
இழுத்து
அவ்வேதாளங்களை
இரண்டாம் பகலிடம்
வேட்டையாடக் கொடுத்துவிடுவேன்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE