INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, July 26, 2021

VEL KANNAN

 A POEM BY

VEL KANNAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


THE NIGHT
I strive to fill up the night
Wine
Intercourse
Meeting friends
Music
Dance
Moonwatching
Meteor
Poetry
Chronic ailment’s breath
Remembering days of my youth
- So I tried
to the best of my ability.
The volume of filling up the night
lies buried deep in its Times
A lone strand of feather
of the giant bird
is Night
The other
those sans nights.
Filling up the night
Is but bit by bit
the 'I' feeding on
my own self , that is it.
Vel Kannan
இரவு
--
தீவிரமாய் நிரப்ப
முயல்கிறேன் இரவினை.
மது
புணர்ச்சி
நண்பர்கள் கூடுகை
இசை
நடனம்
நிலா பார்த்தல்
எரிந்த நட்சத்திரம்
கவிதை
முற்றிய நோயின் சுவாசிப்பு
இளமையின் நினைவுகள்
இயன்ற அளவுக்கு முயன்றேன்.
இரவு நிரப்புதலின் அளவு
அதன் காலங்களில் புதைந்துக் கிடக்கிறது
இராட்சதப் பறவையின்
ஓர் இறகு
இரவு.
மற்றொன்று
இரவில்லாத மற்றவைகள்.
இரவை நிரப்புதல் என்பது
என்னையே
கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாய்
நானே தின்னுதல்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE