INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, May 11, 2023

RISKA MUKTHAR

 A POEM BY

RISKA MUKTHAR


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

No need to love me as I love thee
No need to take care of me as I take care of thee
The way I cut my wrist for thee
No need to shed blood for me
That you should return
All that I have given
Just the way they were then
I would never ask thee
Moreover
Love is not some trade
To give something in exchange
Yet, when I _
who would be too ready to give
without any question
even the great grand ocean
if you ask for it _
arrive at your threshold one day
acutely thirsty
Shouldn’t you pour some water for me
willingly.
Or
saying No
if you send me away
empty-handed
What can I do
other than
bursting into tears
heartbroken …..

Riska Mukthar
நான் உன்னை நேசிப்பது போல
நீ என்னை நேசிக்க வேண்டுமென்பதில்லை
நான் உன்னைக் கவனித்துக்கொள்வதுபோல
நீ என்னைக் கவனித்துக்கொள்ள வேண்டுமென்பதில்லை
நான் உனக்காக கை நரம்பை அறுத்துக்கொள்வதுபோல
நீ எனக்காக இரத்தம் சிந்த வேண்டுமென்பதில்லை
நான் உனக்குத் தந்த எதையும்
அதேபோல நீ எனக்கு
திருப்பித்தர வேண்டுமென
ஒருபோதும்
நான் உன்னைக் கேட்கப்போவதில்லை
தவிர
பதிலுக்குப் பதில்
தருவதற்கு
அன்பொன்றும்
வியாபாரமில்லைதான்
ஆயினும்
நீ கேட்டால்
உனக்காகப் பெருங்கடலையே
தரத்துணியும்
நான்
தாகத்தோடு
ஒருநாள் உன் வாசல் வருகையில்
மனமுவந்து நீ எனக்கு கொஞ்சம் நீரூற்றத்தானே
வேண்டும்
இல்லை
மாட்டேன் என நீ
வெறுங்கையோடு என்னை
திருப்பி அனுப்பினால்
ஆற்றாமையால்
உடைந்து அழுவதைத்தவிர
வேறென்ன நான் செய்வேன்
சொல்.

-ரிஸ்கா முக்தார்-



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE