INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

MOHAMED BATCHA

 TWO POEMS BY

MOHAMED BATCHA

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


(1)
Drawing a line
I go on observing it
Twisting and curving
It turned into a circle!
The Line drawing
several squares and rectangles
inside the circle
converting the cone-triangles
which sat on their own inside the circle
into a cat
and making it view me as a rat.....
With fear drawing lines too many
I run away escaping!
You name the rectangle that come chasing me
as shade
I translate it as blockade

Mohamed Batcha
கோடொன்றை வரைந்து விட்டு
அதையே கவனித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.
நெளிந்து வளைந்து
அஃது ஒரு வட்டமாக மாறியது!
வட்டத்திற்குள் சில சதுர செவ்வகங்களை
வரைந்து கொண்ட கோடு
தானே அமர்ந்து கொண்ட கூம்பு முக்கோணங்களை
ஒரு பூனையாக மாற்றி
என்னை எலியாகப் பார்க்க வைக்க....
அச்சம் பல கோடுகளை வரைந்து நான்
தப்பித்து ஓடுகிறேன்!
என்னை விரட்டி வரும் நீள் செவ்வக கோட்டிற்கு
நீங்கள்
நிழல் என்று பெயர் வைக்கிறீர்கள்..
நான் பிரச்சனையென்று மொழி பெயர்க்கிறேன்.
.
முகமது பாட்சா

(2)
The poem unwritten
I have thrown away
Casting a contemptuous glance at me
It moved
Grabbing some words blown by the wind
I filled them in my bags.
While climbing into the bus
some words stayed behind.
For he who asked for alms
I gave some coins
and got some words
On the street dog
lying dead on the road
some words were swarming
The words she gave
I blew and left floating in the air
They left the window and moved outside
Some words I have bought from
the flower-shop
and smelt
Removing all errors
I searched for words
The bag was flying in the wind
Words that came floating in the Tea
she gave
started tasting and relishing me.

Mohamed Batcha

எழுதாத அந்தக் கவிதையை
எடுத்தெறிந்து வீசி விட்டேன்
மோசமாக
என்னைப் பார்த்துவிட்டு நகர்ந்தது
காற்றில் அடித்துவந்த சில வார்த்தைகளை
பைகளில் நிரப்பிக் கொண்டேன்
பேருந்தில் ஏறும்போது
சில வார்த்தைகள் இறங்கிக் கொண்டன
யாசகம் கேட்டவனிடம்
சில்லறையைப் போட்டுவிட்டு
சில வார்த்தைகளை வாங்கிக் கொண்டேன்
சாலையில் இறந்து கிடந்த நாய்மீது
சில வார்த்தைகள் மொய்த்துக் கொண்டிருந்தன
அவள் தந்த வார்த்தைகளை
ஊதிப் பறக்கவிட்டேன்
சன்னலைவிட்டு வெளியே சென்றது
சில வார்த்தைகளை
பூக்கடையில் வாங்கி முகர்ந்து கொண்டேன்
பிழைகளையெல்லாம் நீக்கிவிட்டு
வார்த்தைகளைத் தேடினேன்
பை காற்றில் பறந்து கொண்டிருந்தது
அவள் கொடுத்த தேநீரில்
மிதந்து வந்த வார்த்தைகள்
என்னை
இரசித்துச் சுவைக்கத் தொடங்கின

- முகமது பாட்சா 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE