INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

SHIFANA AZEEM

 A POEM BY

SHIFANA AZEEM

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

Who knows
Tomorrow I may turn into a handful of ash
After that what at all can you do
preserving it in your palm
Tell me, won’t you
So
Think of me today itself
Call me today itself
Talk to me today itself
Meet me today itself
Forgive me today itself
Hold me today itself
Kiss me today itself
Instead of bemoaning
later
Feeling bitter over
the lost opportunities
forever
For
anything might happen in one’s life
before the hot tea in the cup
turns warm and cold
Within the span of a night
After all life is just this – right?

Shifana Azeem

யாருக்கென்ன தெரியும்
நாளையே நானொரு
பிடி சாம்பலாகிப் போய்விடலாம்
அதன் பிறகு
அதைப்பொத்தி வைத்துக்கொண்டு
நீ என்னதான்
செய்வாய்
சொல் பார்ப்போம்
ஆதலால்
இன்றென்னை நினைத்துக்கொள்
இன்றே என்னை அழைத்து விடு
இன்றே என்னோடு பேசி விடு
இன்றே என்னை சந்தித்து விடு
இன்றே என்னை மன்னித்து விடு
இன்றே என்னைப் பற்றிக்கொள்
இன்றே என்னை முத்தமிட்டுக்கொள்
பின்னொரு நாளில்
இதற்காகவெல்லாம் நீ
வருந்திச்சாவதை விட
ஒருவர் வாழ்வில்
ஒரு கோப்பைத் தேநீர் ஆறுவதற்கிடையில்
ஒரு இரவுக்குள்
என்னவானாலும் நடந்துவிடலாம்
ஒரு
வாழ்வென்பது
அவ்வளவுதானே!

மயிலிறகு மனசு.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE