INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Friday, June 24, 2022

S.RAVINDRAN

 A POEM BY

S.RAVINDRAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




METAMORPHOSIS

Somewhere my house remains
Somewhere its rooms are
thrown open
All around widespread as wind
Silence Supreme.
The Space screams its morbidities
No trace of human at all
A woman crying is heard
Near and far
Its sobs are not heartfelt.
I observe keenly
A form that seems to proclaim
‘I myself am not human’
Such a strange species
Am I also a neuter event
just like her?
None nowhere.
I myself turn Non-being
and myself does shape into a Being.
So strange.
No sacred chants nor power
It was a magical word alright.
In the nature of man and woman
the female voice crying within, wails
I try to console it in vain.
The female heart shivering inside
the body of man
Wanders in order to go
hiding somewhere
For creating Light darkness is a must
Isn’t t?
I lit the match-stick.
A massive darkness came to prevail
We became shadows.
The haste to safeguard myself
The form writhes
I abhor the very sight of it
Eyeing the flame and its sway
I consoled myself
Just see my eyes
and watch the tongues of raging flame
rejoice
feeling each other.

Ravindran

உருமாற்றம்

எங்கோ என் வீடு இருக்கிறது
எங்கோ அதன் அறைகள் திறந்திருக்கின்றன
சுற்றுமுற்றிலும் காற்றுபோல் நிறைந்திருக்கிறது
பெருத்த அமைதி
வெளி அதன் அகோரங்களை கூக்குரலிடுகின்றன
சத்தியமாய் மனித வாடையே இல்லை
பெண்ணின் அழுகை கேட்கிறது
அருகும் தொலைவுமாக
அதன் விசும்பல்கள்
இதயப்பூர்வமானதாக இல்லை
சற்று அகம்கூர்ந்து கவனிக்கிறேன்
நானே மனிதனில்லை என்பதுபோல் ஒரு தோற்றம்
அப்படியொரு பிறவி
அவளைப்போலவே ஒரு ஃறிணை சம்பவம் நானா
எங்கும் யாரும் காணம்
நானே கலைந்து நானே உருவமாகித்தொலைக்கிறேன்
விநோதமாக இருக்கிறது
மந்திர சக்திகள் ஏதுமில்லை
அதொரு மாய வார்த்தை
ஆணுக்கும் பெண்ணுக்குமான தன்மையில்
என்னுள் அழும் பெண்குரல் ஓலமிடுகின்றது
தேற்றுவதில் தோற்றுபோகிறேன்
ஆண் உடம்புக்குள் உதறும் பெண் மனம்
எங்கோ ஔிந்துகொள்ள அலைகிறது
இருட்டை உண்டாக்க ஔிச்சம் வேண்டுமல்லவா
தீக்குச்சியைப் பற்ற வைத்தேன்
மாபெரும் இருள் சூழ்ந்தது
நாங்கள் நிழலாகினோம்
என்னை பாதுகாக்கிற அவசரம்
உரு நெளிகிறது
கொஞ்சம்கூட பிடிக்கவில்லை
நெருப்பை அதன் அசைவை உற்று நோக்கி
எனை சமாதானப்படுத்தினேன்
என் கண்களை பாருங்கள்
கொழுந்துவிட்டெரியும்
தீ நாக்கு ஒன்றுமற்றதை தீண்டிக் களிக்கிறதை

~ ரவீந்திரன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024