INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, July 20, 2023

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR

 TWO POEMS BY

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




1. FRIED RICE

She loves Fried Rice
Whenever I go to the market
My eyes would b feasting on the lovely way Fried Rice would be prepared
And inhale its smell delicious.
Many a time I tried in vain
To buy her Fried Rice.
Despite curtailing my expenses
And try
I was always a loser to the rice.
Today
I approached the spot
Where people thronged.
Standing in the quieu quite a distance away
I watched the way Fried Rice was getting ready in lightning speed
And sold so fast….
Now Fried Rice for me is being prepared
Which made me feel happy
She would taste it today and turn spellbound.
Of course she would feed the rice to me
– won’t she?
Ho, how many a day she had cooked
to my heart’s content
Today I would fulfill her wish, I vowed to myself.
And I began floating in wishes many so strange and weird
Moving closer to the one preparing Fried Rice
I felt amazed to see him in action
His sweat spoke of his work-load
His domestic burden
His two hands revealed.
the nature of his job as a daily-wager
the way his belly caved in, shrunken
jolted me.
Turning my eyes away from the magic of preparation
I began watching his state of being.
All at once
He slumped and tumbled down
The Fried Rice he had prepared for me
scattered all over
Acutely agitated
Moving closer I lifted him and made him lie.
Eaten by hunger
he lay there battered to the core

பிறைட் ரைஸ்.
பிறைட் ரைசென்றால்
அவளுக்கு ப்ரியம்
கடைத்தெருவுக்கு போகும் போதெல்லாம் ரைஸ் போடும்
அழகையும் அதன் வாசனையையும்
உள்ளீர்த்துக்கொள்வேன்..
பலமுறை அவளுக்காக ரைஸ் வாங்க
முயன்றும் தோற்றுப்போனேன்..
எனது செலவுகளை கட்டுப்படுத்திக்கொண்டு முயற்சித்தாலும்
அந்த ரைஸிடம் தோற்றுப்போவேன்.
இன்று
சனங்கள் குவிந்திருந்த
அவ்விடத்தை நெருங்கினேன்.
ரைஸ் படு வேகமாய் தயாராவதும்
அவை விரைவாய் விற்று தீர்வதையும்
தூரமாய் வரிசையில் நின்று
நோக்கினேன்.
இப்போது எனக்கான ரைஸ் தயாராகுவதில் மகிழ்ச்சி..
அவள் இன்று இதனை ருசி பார்த்து சுவைத்து பிரமிப்பாள்
அவள் எனக்கும் ஊட்டி விடாமல் இருப்பாளா என்ன..?
எத்தனை நாள் அவள் எனது விருப்பம்போல் விதவிதமாய் சமைத்திருந்தாள்.
இன்று அவளது விருப்பம் நிறைவேற்றலை உறுதிபடுத்திக்கொண்டேன்.
பல விசித்திர ஆவாவில்
மிதக்கலானேன்..
ரைஸ் போடுபவனின் அருகில் நகர்ந்து
வியந்தேன்
அவன் வேலை பலுவை
அவனது வியர்வை உரைத்தது.
அவன் குடும்ப சுமையை
அவனது இரு கரங்களும் உணர்த்தியது
அவனது கூலி பணியினை
அவனது ஒட்டிய வயிறு
என்னை தட்டியது.
நான் ரைஸ் பதமாவதை விடுத்து
அவன் நிலையில் வியந்தேன்
ரைஸ் போடுபவன் திடீரென்று
கீழே விழுந்தான்
அவன் கையிலிருந்த எனக்கான ரைஸ் அங்கு சிதறிப்போனது..
நான் பதற்றத்தோடு
அருகில் நெருங்கி
அவனை தூக்கி இருத்தினேன்.
அவன் பசியால் வெந்து நொந்து கிடந்தான்.
~~~~~~~
மாரிமுத்து சிவகுமார்



(2) CAMARADERIE



I suffer defeat so many a time
My entire body was vibrating with the rage to
turn victorious.
Failures for a long time
have taught me invaluable lessons numerous.
They have never decried me.
Every time my failures licked the images of victory
devouring it all.
I stayed close to defeat
It didn’t take me in a tight embrace and
shed tears
Standing tall and straight
it held my hand and pressed it
Realizing the passion reigning in it
I exchanged camaraderie
Holding my hand and dragging me
Failure ascended the mountains.

சிநேகிதம்.
பலமுறை தோற்றுப்போகிறேன்,
என் உடல் முழுதும்
வெற்றியின் வெறி நிரம்பியிருந்தது.
தோல்விகள் பல காலமாய் படிப்பினைகளை புகட்டிச்சென்றது.
அது என்னை ஒருபோதும் இகழ்ந்ததில்லை.
தோல்விகள் ஒவ்வொரு முறையும் வெற்றியின் விம்பங்களை நக்கித்தீர்த்தது.
நான் தோல்வியின் பக்கத்தில் நெருங்கியிருந்தேன்.
அது என்னை கட்டிப்பிடித்து அழவில்லை.
நிமிர்ந்த நடையுடன் என் கைகளை பற்றி இறுக்கியது
நான் அதனுள் இருந்த வேட்கையறிந்து
தோல்வியுடன் சிநேகம் பகிர்ந்தேன்.
தோல்வி என் கரங்களை இழுத்துக்கொண்டு வெற்றி மலைகளில் ஏறியது.
~~~~~~
மாரிமுத்து சிவகுமார்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE