INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, June 22, 2020

V.N.GIRITHARAN

A POEM BY 
GIRITHARAN NAVARATHNAM

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


  Dear Father, you are ever alive
in my heart, in the depth of my being.
Though I had seen you in person
long ago, during my adolescence
Till date I have not felt in my heart
that you did indeed depart.
In my reading, in my writing,
In my personality
You are still breathing
Remaining as seed within seed
You are
When I was a child
you loved me more and more _
as a boon so rare
In my formative years
You taught me the wonders
of reading;
You made me ponder over
Paradise on Earth.
My father!
You ‘ll always be in my spirit and core.
As long as I live on this shore
Giritharan Navaratnam
Yesterday at 3:31 AM •

எந்தை நீ எப்போதும் உள்ளாய்
என்னுளத்தில், என்னுள்.
பார்த்தது உன் இருப்புடலையென்
பதின்ம வயதிலென்ற போதும்
இன்றுவரை உனை நான் இழந்ததாக
இதயத்திலென்றும் எண்ணியதில்லை.
என் வாசிப்பில், என் எழுத்தில்,
என் ஆளுமையில்
இருக்கின்றாய் நீ இப்போதும்.
வித்தின் வித்தாகவின்னும் நீ
விளங்குகின்றாய்.
நேசித்தாயெனைக் குழந்தையாக,
நல்லதொரு நண்பனாக.
வாசிப்பில் பால்யத்தில் மூழ்க வைத்தாய்.
விண்காட்டி மண்ணின் இருப்புப் பற்றி
எண்ணிட வைத்தாய்.
தந்தையே! இருப்பாய் நீயென்
சிந்தையில் இருப்புள்ளவரை.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024