INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, June 21, 2020

MULLAI AMUTHAN'S POEMS(3)

THREE POEMS 
BY 
MULLAI AMUTHAN


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

(1)



Pond has gone dry
So we can construct buildings
The alligators divided amongst themselves
The sparrows screeched
Trees flapped
With the stork standing on one leg at a distance
the peacock too spoke in its tongue.
For me landing there flying from afar
no tree to sit
I went on circling…..
Should send them word
Henceforth water would spring in the pond
with great force
The sky turns darker and darker
It would rain any moment, Oh hear!


Mullai Amuthan


குளம் வற்றிவிட்டது.

எனி கட்டடம் கட்டலாமே...
பங்குபோட்டன முதலைகள்.
குருவிகள் கீச்சிட்டன..
மரங்கள் சலசலத்தன..
கொக்கு தூரத்தே ஒற்றைக்காலில்
காத்திருக்க,
மயிலும் தன் மொழியில் பேசியது.
தூரத்திருந்து பறந்துவந்த
எனக்கு
குந்தியிருக்க மரங்கள்
இல்லையென்றாகிவிட,,
வட்டமிட்டபடியே இருந்தேன்..
அவர்களுக்கு செய்தி அனுப்பவேண்டும்..
குளம் இனி வீரியமாக ஊற்றெடுக்கும்...
வானம் இருண்டே இருக்கிறது..
எந் நேரமும் மழை பொழியலாம்....
முல்லை


(2)

 On the throes of death I am
And you come to me with your blessings
I strive to get up
My feathers are severed
Moaning and groaning when I rise
I find myself lame.
My Lord who blesses with one hand
the blood-oozing sword
that has mutilated my body
concealed in your other hand
First, give me that sword…
Should slice you
or kill my own self.
Though heavenly beings
a heart to bow down before them
and seek their blessings
is not bestowed on me.

குற்றுயிராய்
இருக்கும் என்னிடம்
வந்து ஆசிர்வதிக்கிறாய்.
எழுந்துகொள்ளவே
முயற்சிக்கிறேன்..
சிறகுகள் அரியப்பட்டுள்ளன.
முக்கி முனகி
எழுகையில் தெரிகிறது
கால்கள்
முடமாக்கப்ப்டுள்ளன...
ஒருகையால்
ஆசிர்வதிக்கும்
தேவனே
உன்
மறுகையில்
மறைத்தபடி
என் உடல் சிதைத்த
வாள் குருதியுடன்...முதலில்
வாளைக் கொடு...
உன்னைச் சாய்க்கவேன்டும்
அல்லது
என்னை நானே
கொன்றுவிடவேண்டும்..
தேவர்களேயாயினும்
தலை குனிந்த
ஆசிர்வாதம்
பெற்றுக்கொள்ள
மனது
என்னிடம் தரப்படவில்லை...

(3)
THE SUN I LOVE

Sun alone I love the most!
If Moon comes
there will be full moon new moon
crescent moon – and so on
The stars may devour each other
in hunger
Even the sky may change directions
With earthquake happening daily
the world may turn topsy-turvy.
Who at all would approve of
being imprisoned in hands alien _
yet again?
For this reason
only Today’s Sun
earns
my utmost affection!


Mullai Amuthan
April 25, 2019 •


நேசிக்கும் சூரியன்

மிகவும்
நேசிப்புக்குள்ளாகிறது
சூரியன் மட்டுமே!
சந்திரன் வரின்
அங்கு தேய்பிறை
வளர்பிறை..
எதுவும் வரலாம்.
நட்சத்திரங்கள்
பசியுடன்
ஒன்றையொன்று பசியாறலாம்.
வானம் கூட
திசைமாறலாம்.
பூகம்பம் தினமும்வர
பூமியும் சோரம் போகலாம்...
இன்னொரு முறை
அந்நிய கரங்களிடம்
வசப்பட யாருக்குச் சம்மதம்?
ஆதலால்,
எனது நேசிப்புக்குள்ளாகிறது..
இன்றைய சூரியன் மட்டுமே!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024