INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

THARMINI

A POEM BY 

THARMINI


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)



He, my friend, has asked me a question
Not in fake name or through backbiting
Looking straight into my eyes
He has enquired.
It was not a casual query.
His eyes were intense; fiery
And he used the choicest words.
“What means the poem written by you yesterday
“Poem? Me? Oh When? “
How to explain?
Indeed I felt weighed down
by apprehension.
If I had the skill to elaborate delineate
I would have written an article, I state
He gives out my poem
Line by line, by heart
As Kural couplet
As an ancient Tamil verse.
He even sang it as a good film song
turning worse
Of course he did ask a little tersely
What does it mean?
Indeed an intricate tale it is.
Turning it into a minuscule ‘Kundumani’
I have put it inside a little jar and set it rolling.
Open it and see for yourself, please.
Tharmi Ni
நண்பர் கேள்வியொன்றைக் கேட்டுவிட்டார்.
பொய்ப்பெயரிலோ புறம்பேசியோ இல்லை
நேரடியாகவே என் கண்களைப் பார்த்துத்தான்
சும்மா விசாரிப்பது போலில்லையது
அவருடைய கண்களில் தீர்க்கம் ஒளிர்ந்தது
ஒரு தீவிரம் மிளிர்ந்தது
கூர்ந்த சொற்களால் கேட்டார்
நேற்று நீ எழுதிய கவிதைக்கு அர்த்தமென்ன?
கவிதையா? அதுவா? நானெப்ப?
எப்படித்தான் விளக்க?பயந்துபோனேன்
விளக்கம் சொல்லும் திறமை இருந்திருந்தால் கட்டுரையாக எழுதியிருப்பேனே
வரிவரியாக ஒப்பிக்கிறார்
திருக்குறளைப்போல
பழந்தமிழ்ப்பாட்டு மாதிரி
நல்ல சினிமாப் பாட்டொன்று தோற்றுப்போவது கணக்காகப் பாடியும் விட்டார்.
கொஞ்சம் உறுக்கித்தான் கேட்டார்
'அதற்கு அர்த்தமென்ன?'
பொருளும் பொழிப்புரையும் சொல்லுமளவு
சிக்கலான கதையொன்று தான்
அதைக் குண்டுமணியாக்கி
சிறு குடுவையிலிட்டு உருட்டிவிட்டேன்
திறந்து பாருங்கள்

-தர்மினி- 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY - SEPTEMBER, 2024