INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, March 7, 2024

SHIFANA AZEEM

 A POEM BY

SHIFANA AZEEM

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


Between sea and me
There is no enduring camaraderie
commencing right from childhood
Between sea and me
nothing as memories unforgettable
Between sea and me
no pacts no deals.
Neither the waves
nor the salty spray of water
or the sand on the shore
with shells in myriad shades and shapes
have attracted me so much
never moved me as such
Still
I have to go near the seashore
everyday without fail forever
should stay there watching
waves dear
What to speak to the sea
Whom to complain about
Who at all of my circle
to be introduced to it
Can I read out my poem to it
Or stories my favourite
The sea so vast expansive
with waves forever lashing
_ I keep merely watching it
It is for just this
I go there _ Yes.
For going with thee
For watching it in your company
Unconditionally
I have a sea exclusive.

கடலுக்கும் எனக்குமிடையில்
பால்யகால சிநேகங்களும் இல்லை
கடலுக்கும் எனக்குமிடையில்
மறக்கமுடியாத நினைவுகளென்று
எதுவுமில்லை
கடலுக்கும் எனக்குமிடையில்
ஒப்பந்தங்களுமில்லை
கடலலைகளின் மீதோ
உப்புக்காற்றின் மீதோ
பல வண்ணங்களில்
பல வடிவங்களில் சிப்பிகள் கலந்திருக்கும்
கடல் மண்ணின் மீதோ
அப்படியொரு ஈர்ப்போ சிலிர்ப்போ என்று எதுவுமில்லை
இருந்தும்
நாள் தவறாமல் கடற்கரைப் பக்கம்
போய்விட வேண்டுமெனக்கு
கடலலைகளை பார்த்துக்கொண்டு
சிறிது நேரம் இருந்துவிட வேண்டுமெனக்கு
கடலிடம்
எதைப்பேசுவது
யாரை முறைப்படுவது
அதனிடம் நான் சார்ந்த யாரை
அறிமுகப்படுத்துவது
என் கவிதைகளை வாசித்துக்காட்டுவதா
பிடித்த கதைகளைக் கூறுவதா
பரந்து விரிந்து
அலையடித்துக்கொண்டிருக்கும்
கடலை
வெறுமென பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்
அதற்காக மட்டும்தான்
அங்கே போகிறேன்..
உன்னோடு
போய்வர
உன்னோடு சேர்ந்து
பார்த்துக்கொண்டிருக்க
எதுவித நிபந்தனைகளுமின்றி
எனக்கொரு கடலிருக்கிறது.
மயிலிறகு மனசு

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE