INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, March 7, 2024

DEEN GAFOOR

 A POEM BY 

DEEN GAFOOR


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


The last page of the book I had torn off yesterday
I have burnt today.
The reference page
I have entrusted in the hands of a friend.
The ashes of the book
I have not strewn on this earth
Nor buried underneath this soil
I have dissolved it in the foamy waters of sea
It became one with a giant wave
The trees would turn barren
The flowers wouldn’t blossom
The rain would not come down
The birds chirping wouldn’t be heard
So
I dissolved the torn page in the sea water
It is by reading the meaningless passages
attributing some sense to them
that I had to safeguard the last page of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE