INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, March 7, 2024

KADANGANERIYAAN ARIHARASUTHAN

 A POEM BY

KADANGANERIYAAN ARIHARASUTHAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


Truly the rain standing outside the room wants to speak
Why should I welcome that which came not when I wanted it the most
Thought I and didn’t invite it inside
Still, the moist wind brings it along
Who doesn’t have anger and complaints
against one held so intimate
On a moment insane I let in the Rain
With the body and heart plunging in liquescence
Causing suffocation
the river of love flooded causing deluge
Just as a bubble bursting – Life
All at once everything turned into nothing.
Casting away delusions
I opened my eyes wide and looked around.
On the soil where I had walked on
Chlorophyll of crops newborn
A young tree sprouting upon
the buried soil anon
Growing thirsty
I cried aloud on and on
Mother Nature fed me
With matchless rain
மெய்யாகவே அறைக்கு வெளியே மழை நின்று பேச
ஆசைப்படுகிறது.
நான் விரும்பிய போதெல்லாம் வராத ஒன்றை
இப்போது ஏன் மதிக்க வேண்டும் என்று
உள்ளே அழைக்கவில்லை.
ஆனாலும் ஈரப்பதம் கூடிய காற்று
அதனை அழைத்து வருகிறது.
மிகவும் நேசித்த ஒருவரைப் பற்றி
யாருக்குத்தான் இல்லை கோபமும் புகார்களும்
மனம் பிறழ்ந்தவொரு கணத்தில் மாரியை
அனுமதித்தேன்.
உடலும் உள்ளமும்
நீர்மையில் அமிழ
மூச்சுத் திணறத் திணற
அன்பு நதி பெருக்கெடுத்து பிரவாக மெடுத்தது.
நீர்குமிழி உடைவதைப் போலோரு வாழ்வு.
சட்டென அடங்கிப் போயிற்று யாவும்.
மாயைகளை விலக்கி விழித்துப் பார்த்தேன்
கால் பாவி நடந்த நிலத்தில்
புதிதாக முளைத்த தாவரங்களின் பச்சையம்
புதைத்த மண்ணிலிருந்து ஒரு மரக் கன்று.
தாகமெடுத்து குரல் கொடுத்தேன்
இயற்கை அன்னை தன் மடியை பருகக் கொடுத்தாள்
மழையாக

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE