INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, August 31, 2026

ABDUL SATHAR

 A POEM BY 

ABDUL SATHAR


Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


My heart is a closed cabin

Now and then sorrow comes and 

knock at the window.

Even if I don’t open

blending with the wind

it enters inside!


Shedding tears 

is not my weakness

It is rain

stagnated deep down

It is river

swelling; overflowing.


Inside me 

memories as old photographs

remain faded

When I feel them

pain shoots at the fingers.


Sorrow is similar to night.

Even in the dark ,

 Stars spark.


Though sorrow unsettles me 

to the core

Through consoling, counselling my own self

I  come out of it 

stronger than before

 ·

எனது மனம் 

ஒரு மூடிய அறை…

அவ்வப்போது சோகம் வந்து 

சன்னலை தட்டுகிறது. 

திறக்கவில்லை எனினும்

காற்றோடு கலந்து 

உள்ளே நுழைகிறது…!


அழுகை என்பது 

எனது பலவீனம் அல்ல..

மனதின் ஆழத்தில் 

தேங்கி நிற்கும் மழை 

வழிந்து ஓடும் நதி…!

என்னுள் நினைவுகள்   

பழைய நிழற்படங்கள் போல்

பொலிவிழந்துள்ளன.. 

தொட்டுப் பார்க்கையிலே

விரல்களில் வலி 

ஒட்டிக்கொள்கிறது…!


துயரம் 

இரவு போன்றது…

இரவின் இருளிலும் 

விண்மீன்கள் 

ஒளிர்கின்றன..!


சோகம் என்னை

நிலைகுலைத்தாலும்

என்னை நானே

ஆற்றுப்படுத்தி

மீண்டெழுகிறேன்…!


-கோவை.அப்துல் சத்தார்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY 2026