INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, August 31, 2026

JEYANTHAN JESUDOSS

 A POEM BY 

JEYANTHAN JESUDOSS

Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)


I DON’T SIT FOR WRITING POEM

With its words 

ever changing 

in shape and structure

It searches for me day in and day out.


Getting into the dreams of he who remains

In blissful communion with prose, essays

It invites.


After I wake up with my sleep gone

I will surely write about thee, said I.


More than writing

You better get a divine vision of me

in the morning prayer with eyes closed,

it said.


After work 

with the spine aching abominably

I dozed off in Metro.


When I woke up

right in front of me stood teary-eyed

She who had gone away 

as dream unrealized.


While taking leave 

It was not her tears that

fell scattering

It was Poem stamped upon

 by fellow-passengers.

கவிதையை நான் எழுத அமர்வதில்லை

அது தன் உருமாறும் சொற்களோடு 

அன்றாடம் என்னைத் தேடுகிறது.


கட்டுரைகளில் சல்லாபித்துக் கிடப்பவனின்

கனவுகளில் நுழைந்து அழைக்கிறது.


நித்திரை கலைந்து எழுந்தபின் 

நிச்சயம் எழுதுவேன் உன்னை என்றேன்.


எழுதுவதை விட 

என்னை தரிசி என்றது

கண் மூடிய காலைப் பிரார்த்தனையில்.


பணி முடிந்து முதுகொடிந்து 

மெட்ரோவில் கண் அயர்ந்தேன்.


கண் விழித்தபோது 

நீர் பெருக்கி நின்றிருந்தாள்

நீள் கனவாய் போனவள்.


விடைபெறும்போது 

விழுந்து சிதறியது

அவளின் கண்ணீர் அல்ல

சக பயணிகளின் காலில் மிதிப்பட்ட

கவிதை .

- நோவா நதி

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - JULY 2026