INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Saturday, April 1, 2023

K.MOHANARANGAN

 A POEM BY

K.MOHANARANGAN

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishan(*First Draft)


THE ART OF BEING APART
Feeling the opposite
Yet outwardly being courtesy personified
It is by pretension
that I have gained everything
Whenever I try to use in times of need
those magical chants of Love
offered to me all too heartily
The tragedy of their failing
occurs without fail
My sorrow
is the Cross destined to me.
No matter how unbearably huge it is
I won’t go seeking solace
from others.
I will bear it all by myself!
Yet
It is when all too rarely
a little joy comes my way
that I feel thoroughly shaken!
Not knowing how to revel in it
nor having the heart to be relieved of it
It is when I try to share the softening to another heart
which I had thought to be in close proximity
the abyss under the bridge through which
I had waded through umpteen times
absolutely fearless
comes to the fore.
God who safeguards Time Infinite
in his coffer
has given just a tiny portion of it
to the humans.
Not allowing us to spend even that
with those close to heart
God has kept it apart.
Hence
when ripening in a bond
that which one has to learn
is but the art of departure, as I discern.

• யாதனின் யாதனின் நீங்கியான்
உள்ளொன்று வைத்து
புறத்தே நயந்து பேசி
நடிப்பால்
நான் கவர்ந்தவையென்பதால்,
எனக்கு உவந்தளிக்கப்பட்ட
அன்பின் மந்திரங்களை
அவசியமான தருணங்களில்
உபயோகிக்க முயலும்போதெல்லாம்
அவை பலியாது போய்விடும்
அவலம் நேரிடுகிறது.
என் துக்கம்
எனக்கு விதிக்கப்பட்ட சிலுவை;
எவ்வளவு பெரிதாயினும்
அதற்கு ஆறுதல்கோரி
யாரிடமும் நிற்கமாட்டேன்;
நானே சுமந்து தீர்வேன்!
ஆயினும்,
அரிதாக எப்போதாகிலும் கிடைக்கும்
சிறிய மகிழ்வின் போதுதான்
திகைத்துப் போய்விடுகிறேன்!
திளைக்கவும் தெரியாது,
அது தரும் கிளர்ச்சியைத் தணிக்கவும் பொறாமல்,
அணுக்கமென எண்ணிய
இன்னொரு மனதிடம்
அந்நெகிழ்ச்சியை
பகிர முனைந்து தோற்கையில்தான்
பயமேதுமின்றி
பலமுறை கடந்த
பாலத்தின் அடியிலிருக்கும்
பாதாளம் தெரியவருகிறது.
கணக்கற்ற காலத்தை
தனது கஜானாவில்
காத்து வைத்திருக்கும்
கடவுள்,
அதனின்றும் சொற்ப நேரத்தைதான்
மனிதர்களுக்கு
அருளியிருக்கிறார்.
அதையும்
விரும்பியவர்களோடு
செலவிடமுடியாதபடிக்கு அவர்களை
விலக்கி வைத்திருக்கிறார்.
எனில்
உறவில் கனிகையில்
ஒருவர் பழக வேண்டியது
பிரிவின் கலையைதான்.
க. மோகனரங்கன்

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE