INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, January 24, 2022

SUNDAR NITHARSAN

 A POEM BY

SUNDAR NITHARSAN

Translated into Tamil by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)




Lifting the days
one by one
I am throwing them away
With the clowns
and donkeys
in them
staying back with me
my cheeks
slapped
by my mother
when I was a boy
turning hairy
all over
are stroked
by my own hand.
The donkey
taking pity on the
starving
sobbing child
_the king slays.
I am laughing.

நாட்களை ஒவ்வொன்றாக
எடுத்து வீசிக்
கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.
அதில் இருந்த
கழுதைகளும்
கோமாளிகளும்
என்னுடனேயே
தங்கிவிட
சிறுவயதில்
அம்மாவால்
அறையப்பட்ட என்
கன்னங்கள்
முழுதும் உரோமக்
குவியலாகி
எனது கையாலேயே
கோதிவிடப்படுகின்றது.
பசியால்
அழுது கொண்டிருக்கும்
குழந்தைக்காக இரங்கிய
கழுதையை
ராஜா வெட்டி வீழ்த்துகிறான்.
நான் சிரித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறேன்.

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE