INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

YAVANIKA SRIRAM

 A POEM BY

YAVANIKA SRIRAM

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

A thing not in tune with the way this night is to be spent
You took away
My canvases have not turned tattered; I keep waiting
with the curiosity of stars
Further they number the night
Let the congenial night shroud you as an overcoat
You would see me in the shape of a floating phantom
coming across in the void of the corridor
wherein you turn, return
How so many a time this world has gone round and round
My words touch the stars
Your forever radiance mate me
who turns heady looking at my reflection in the water
That is the tragedy of my wait
but for you the treasure of history.
My language turns dry and
ceases to be.

இந்த இரவைச் செலவழிப்பதில் பொருந்தாத ஒன்றைக்கொண்டு போனாய்
என் கித்தான்கள் நைந்து போகவில்லை காத்திருக்கிறேன் நட்சத்திரங்களின்குறுகுறுப்புடன்
மேலும் அவை இரவை எண்ணிக்கையிடுகின்றன
நல்லிரவு மேகங்கள் உன்மீது மேலாடையிடட்டும்
நீ திரும்பும் வழிநடையின் வெறுமையில் எதிர்ப்படும் என்னை மிதக்கும்ஆவியுருவில்காண்பாய் எத்தனை முறை சுழன்று விட்டது உலகம் எனது பேச்சு விண்மீன்களைத் தொடுகிறது
நீரில் முகம் பார்த்து மயங்கும் என்னை உன் தீராமந்தகாசம் முயங்குகிறது
அது என்காத்திருப்பின் அவலம் உனக்கோ வரலாற்றுக்கையிருப்பு எனது மொழி அது உலர்ந்து தீர்ந்து போகிறது.
Yavanika Sriram

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE