INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

THENMOZHI DAS

 A POEM BY

THENMOZHI DAS

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

BLOOD
Hugging close the crow I told
Please don’t caw
Hunger ceased
Dream
Though in memory shaking the stream
The way it hangs like torn watery sound
Hunger ceased inside me.
Yet I grow multiple varieties of fruits trees
for thee.
I implored a cow-tick _
Please don’t suck my child’s blood
The last being remaining for my sake
my precious child wagging its tail
its blood converses with me so much
My very existence lies in its lively gait
His feet the great grand lexicon of Mercy.
Slowly I start disliking the cat
Hunting the snake the way it revels in murder
and munching it as a ‘Murukku’
forms a kind of mucilage in the brain.
The spot where a monkey killed its own baby
dashing it against the ground
I dare not wade through
The soil there looks all blood
As the quivering light
inside the eyes of those newborns
in the nest of sparrow
with eyes closed blood-striped
I remain all alone.
A beloved has strangled her young lover
in our place, they said
That young man’s life
swirls inside me as a sediment of blood
His smiling face all over the place
More than the voices of beings
their blood
emit sounds diverse
swelling manifold.
Thenmozhi Das

இரத்தம்
காகத்தை கட்டியணைத்துச் சொன்னேன்
கரையாதே
பசி தொலைந்து போனது
கனவு
நினைவில் ஓடையை உலுக்கினாலும்
அறுந்த ஒலிநீராய்த் தொங்கும் விதம்
பசி எனக்குள் அத்துப்போனது
ஆயினும் விதவிதமான கனிகளை மரங்களை உனக்கு வளர்க்கிறேன்
ஒரு மாட்டு உண்ணியிடம் கெஞ்சினேன்
என் பிள்ளையின் இரத்தத்தை உறிஞ்சாதே
எனக்கென எஞ்சிய கடைசி உயிராய்
வாலாட்டும் என் பிள்ளையின் இரத்தம்
என்னோடு அதிகம் உரையாடுகிறது
அவனின் உயிர்நடை என் இருப்பு
அவனது பாதங்கள் கருணையின் பேரகராதி
கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக
பூனையை வெறுக்கிறேன்
அது பாம்பை வேட்டையாடி
கொலையில் மகிழ்ந்து
முறுக்கைப் போல உண்பதைக் காண்பது
மூளைக்குள் ஒருவித பிசினை
உருவாக்குகிறது
தோட்டத்தில் ஒரு குரங்கு
தான் பெற்ற பிள்ளையை
தரையில் அடித்து கொன்ற இடத்தில்
இன்னும்
நடக்க அச்சமாக இருக்கிறது
அவ்விடத்தில் மண் இரத்தமாகவே தெரிகிறது
குருவிக் கூட்டில்
ரத்தவரியோடும் மேனியோடு
கண்திறக்காத குஞ்சுகளின் கண்களுக்குள்
நடுங்கும் ஒளியாக தனித்திருக்கிறேன்
ஊருக்குள் காதலி ஒருத்தி
தன் இளம் காதலனை
கழுத்தை நெரித்துக் கொன்று விட்டதாக பேசிக்கொண்டார்கள்
அந்த இளைஞனின் வாழ்வு
இரத்தத் திட்டாக எனக்குள் சுழல்கிறது
ஊரெங்கும் அவனது சிரித்த முகம்
உயிர்களின் குரல்களை விட
உயிர்களின் இரத்தம்
வெவ்வேறு ஒலி எழுப்புகின்றன
பன்மையடைந்து பெருகுகின்றன
Composed by Thenmozhi Das
16.10.2021
5.18am

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE