INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

SUGANYA GNANASOORY

 A POEM BY

SUGANYA GNANASOORY

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan(*First Draft)

AM I BEING NORMAL….?



Am I being myself
I keep checking myself
every hour
I change the channels and see
Tears, craving, venom, revenge
So with myriad facets
Women on par with men
In another channel
gruesome experts offering awful drabs
in the name of comedy
The songs that leave our minds in the dilemma
whether to listen to the songs
or to read the colourful words in Thaminglish
In the News Channel that cry hoarse
all twenty-four hours
offering news from local to international
breaking news shake my heart and
with my pulse quickening
my head reels.
Am I being normal
I dwelling inside an asylum
keeps checking myself every hour.
Suganya Gnanasoory

நான் இயல்பாயிருக்கிறேனா?
******
நான் இயல்பாயிருக்கிறேனா?
மணிக்கொரு முறை
பார்த்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.
அலைவரிசைகளை
மாற்றி மாற்றி
வைத்துப் பார்க்கிறேன்
அழுகை, ஏக்கம், குரோதம்,
பழிவாங்கலென பன்முகத்தோடு
ஆண்களுக்கிணையாக பெண்களும்.
இன்னொரு அலைவரிசையில்
மரண மொக்கைகளை
நகைச்சுவையாக்கும்
கொடுமையான வல்லுநர்கள்.
பாடல்களை கேட்பதா
தமிங்கில
வண்ண வண்ண எழுத்துக்களை
வாசிப்பதா என்பதிலேயே
மறந்துபோகும் பாடல்கள்.
உள்ளூர் முதல்
உலகம் என
இருபத்திநான்கு மணிநேரமும்
இரைந்து கொண்டிருக்கும்
செய்தி அலைவரிசையில்
ப்ரேக்கிங் செய்திகளால்
இதயப் படபடப்பில்
தலைசுற்றிப் போகிறேன்.
நான் இயல்பாயிருக்கிறேனா?
பைத்தியக்கார விடுதிக்குள்
வசிக்கும் நான்
மணிக்கொரு முறை
பார்த்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.
- சுகன்யா ஞானசூரி
09/09/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE