INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Monday, April 22, 2024

ARUVI

 A POEM BY

ARUVI

Translated into English by Latha Ramakrish nan(*First Draft)

THE GHOST WANDERING ALONE…

It is at the time of dusk
The ghost holds me captive
It would stand in my way
even when I fight against it
it refuses to leave
Keeping the life-breath
it had sent off its body, it seems
And it has to merge in me, the creator;
That is the dictate of God
It insists stubbornly….
As ant released
The body enters into the house
Soon as it entered
the ghost sits in a corner!
And it drags me too
Pulling both my hands
the body laughs, talks,
listens to song
The caress of music
the ghost doesn’t hear it .
Says
it refuses to have itself fixed to my ear
“Come with me!” - it drags me calling out!
I am not able to move
A body standing next
pulls me hard
The way it pulled
I fell on the bed beside the ghost
The shirt torn and wounds all over
pain creeps as the millipede…
If I attempt to peel it off
pain curls and coils….
The heart writhing in pain
looks for snail’s moisture in vain
The ghost
wraps itself in a black coverlet.
தனித்து அலையும் பேய்...
------------------------------------------------------
மாலைக் கருக்கலில்தான்
அந்தப் பேய் பிடித்துக் கொள்கிறது...
வரும் வழியில் நிற்கும்
சண்டை போட்டாலும் போக மறுக்கிறது...
கேட்டால்
உயிரை வைத்துக் கொண்டு
உடலை மட்டும் அனுப்பிவிட்டதாம்
படைப்புத் தெய்வம்
என்னோடுதான் சேர வேண்டுமாம்...
இறைவன் உத்திரவாம்
அடம் பிடிக்கிறது...
விடுபட்ட எறும்பாய்
வீட்டுக்குள் நுழைகிறது உடல்...
நுழைந்ததும் நுழையாததுமாய்
மூலையில் உட்கார்ந்துகொள்கிறது
பேய்!
என்னையும் இருகை பிடித்து இழுக்கிறது...
உடலோ சிரிக்கிறது, பேசுகிறது
பாட்டு கேட்கிறது
இசையின் வருடல் பேய்க்கு கேட்பதில்லையாம்...
என் காதோடு
தன்னைப் பொருத்தவும் மறுக்கிறது
வா என்னோடு! வேகமாய் இழுக்கிறது!
நகர முடியவில்லை என்னால்
அருகில் நிற்கும் மற்றொரு உடல்
இழுத்துப் பிடிக்கிறது...
இழுத்த இழுப்பில்
பேயோடு சேர்ந்து படுக்கையில் விழுந்தேன்
சட்டை கிழிந்து உடலெங்கும் புண்கள்
வலி ரயில் பூச்சி போல ஊர்கிறது...
கழட்டி எறியலாம் என்றால்
வலியோ சுருண்டு கொள்கிறது...
நத்தையின் ஈரத்தை வலியுடன் எதிர்பார்க்கிறது மனது...
பேயோ
கருப்பு போர்வையில் மூடிக்கொண்டது
அருவி

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE