INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Sunday, October 8, 2023

TAYA G VELLAIROJA

 A POEM BY

TAYA G VELLAIROJA


Translated into English by Latha Ramakrishnan

(*First Draft)


THE ENCHANTRESS

The papers you have given for drawing
have disappeared
I remember the place where I had kept them
Yet, they were
Nowhere.
Getting ready to draw
when I turned around
They were not there
How to make you believe it….
Here, this is where you had given them to me
Here, this is where I received them from thee
Here, exactly here I placed them.
Give me your fingers
Let me check whether any particles
of the Mystery of those papers vanishing
remain there still.
Ho, is it with such tender fingers that you
had stroked those papers
Ho, Enchantress
How can you indulge in such awesome conjuring
Overjoyed by the touch of your hand
Turning so pleasantly cool and elated
The papers leaping to the fag end
of the world _
Ho, how can I search for them
Where can I find them
Don’t you believe me
Do you think I lie
_Ho, my!
Well, let’s have a deal
Come near
Hold me tight
Place your ear on my chest
Close your eyes
What an ace enchantress you are
I will show you for sure.
Come
Hug me
Should search for the drawing sheets
Sketching is getting delayed.

Taya G Vellairoja
- மந்திரக்காரி –
நீ வரைவதற்கு கொடுத்திருந்த
காகிதங்களைக் காணவில்லை
வைத்த இடம் நினைவில் உண்டு
காகிதங்களைக் காணவில்லை
வரைவதற்கு நான்
என்னை தயார்படுத்தித்
திரும்புகையில்
காகிதங்கள் காணவில்லை
உன்னை எப்படி நம்பவைப்பது
இதோ இங்குதான் நீ கொடுத்தாய்
இதோ இங்குதான் நான் வாங்கினேன்
இதோ இதோ இங்குதான் நான் வைத்தேன்
உன் விரல்களைக் கொடு
காகிதங்கள் காணாமல் போன
மர்மத்தின் துகள்கள் ஏதும்
எஞ்சியுள்ளனவா என பார்த்துக்கொள்கிறேன்
இத்தனை மிருதுவான
விரல்களைக் கொண்டா
காகிதத்தைத் தடவிக்கொடுத்தாய்
மந்திரக்காரியே
இப்படி மாயம் செய்யலாமா
உன் கை தொட்ட
உல்லாசத்தில் குளிர்ந்து
உலகின் எல்லைவரை எம்பி
குதித்துவிட்ட
காகிதங்களை எப்படி நான் தேடுவேன்
எங்கென்று நான் காணுவேன்
நம்பிக்கையில்லையா
பொய்யா சொல்கிறேன்
சரி வா
உனக்கும் வேண்டாம்
எனக்கும் வேண்டாம்
அருகில் வா
கட்டிப்பிடி
என் மார்பில் காது வை
கண்களை மூடு
நீ எத்தனை பெரிய
மாய வித்தகி என
உனக்கே நான் காட்டுகிறேன்
வா
கட்டிப்பிடி
காகிதங்களைத் தேடவேண்டும்
வரைவதற்கு நேரமாகிக்கொண்டிருக்கிறது.


No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE