INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, November 14, 2019

THAMIZHNATHY's POEM

A POEM BY
THAMIZH NATHY
(rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan)

VIJAYALAKSHMI’S VOICE

Your voice
turns me into a weightless cloud
and takes me to the mountain peak.
It turns me into a stream
in the valley of sorrow
Turning me into a dew-drop
it spreads me upon the tips of all conifers.
Turning into wings upon my shoulder
it dissolves me into the sky.
Making me lie on its lap
It makes me cry without tears.

At last I too have turned into
an oceanic bird.

In that skilled hoarseness of voice
in its fine-tuned rasping
‘You sang for me alone’. say I
‘She sang turning into myself’, says she
Holding on to your voice that
lights up all the way
“the new world”, “the new world”
Oh, how many more times I would go on seeking Vijayalakshmi?


விஜயலஷ்மியின் குரல்




உனது குரல்

என்னை எடையற்ற முகிலாக்கி

மலைமுகட்டில் கொண்டு சேர்க்கிறது

துயரத்தின் பள்ளத்தாக்கில் 

நீரோடையாக்குகிறது

பனித்துளியாக்கி

ஊசியிலை நுனிகளிலெல்லாம்

 மலர்த்துகிறது

தோள்களில் சிறகாகி

வானத்துள் கரைக்கிறது

மடியில் கிடத்தி

கண்ணீரில்லாமல் அழ வைக்கிறது

இறுதியில் நானுமோர் சாகரப்

பறவையாகினேன்



வலிந்த கரகரப்பில்

நேர்த்தியான பிசிறலில்

நீ எனக்கே பாடினாய் என்கிறேன்

நானாய் பாடினாள் என்கிறாள் அவள்

வழியெல்லாம் ஒளியேற்றிப்போகும்

உன் குரலைப் பற்றிக்கொண்டு

”புதிய உலகை…. புதிய உலகை“

எத்தனை தடவைதான் 

தேடிப்போய்க்கொண்டிருப்பேன்

 விஜயலஷ்மி?




No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE