INSIGHT - A BILINGUAL ONLINE MAGAZINE

Thursday, November 14, 2019

MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR's POEM

A POEM BY
MARIMUTHU SIVAKUMAR
Rendered in English by Latha Ramakrishnan (*First Draft)


I set out
to ask for a boon

Am I to get into his meditation and receive my boon…

My heart -so like a just now blossomed lotus

As if I am going to offer him
miracles hitherto never seen
My heart too is wonderstruck.

I perform different kinds of yagnas
for hHm

Wearing the sacred thread
Receiving Dhatshanai
Holding the Dharma-Chakra
Collecting flowers
Gripping the Cross all too tightly
Lighting candles
Chanting Allah
in raised pitch
My Bhajan
went on

His meditation paused a little.

I am amazed at the power and strength of
He who examines me.

Sometimes
would he block my boon
and make me stand before Sudalaisaami
Enraged at me
would he burn me just as Manmadhan

Alas
Will my seeking for boon
be fulfilled there

In the heart that was plunged in quietude
there rose a voice from above.

I touch His feet
Inside his incantation I cease to be
Reaching the source of wonders
I grow calm

My boon incomplete
merges in Him.

Ø  


................
வரம் கேட்பதற்காய்
புறப்படுகிறேன்..
அவனது தியானத்துள்
புகுந்து என் வரத்தினை
பெற்றுக்கொள்வதா..
அப்போது மலர்ந்த
செந்தாமரையாய்
என் மனம் இருந்தது.
இதுநாள் வரை கண்டிராத
அற்புதங்களை
அர்ப்பணிக்கப்போவதாய்
உள்ளமும் பிரமித்துக்கொண்டது.
ஒவ்வொரு விதமான
யாகங்களை அவனுக்காக
மேடையேற்றுகிறேன்..
பூ நூல் தரித்து
தட்சணை ஏந்தி,
தர்மசக்கரம் சுமந்து
பூக்களை சேகரித்து,
சிலுவையை இறுகப்பிடித்து
மெழுகுவர்த்தி ஏற்றி,
அல்லாஹ்வின் நாமத்தை
ஆழமாய் உயர்த்தியும்
என் பஜனை
அரங்கேறியது..
அவன் தியானம் சற்று விலகியது.
என்னை பரிசீலிக்கும்
அவன் வலிமை கண்டு
வியக்கிறேன்.
சிலவேளை
என் வரத்தினை தடுத்து
சுடலைசாமியிடம் நிறுத்திடுவானா..
என்னில் சினம் வைத்து
மன்மதனைப்போல்
கொளுத்திவிடுவானா..
ஐயகோ..
அங்கு என் வரம் தேடல்
முழுமையடையுமா..
நிசப்தத்துள் கிடந்த மனதுள்
ஓர் அசரீரி எழுந்தது.
அவன் பாதம் தொடுகிறேன்
அவன் வேதத்துள் மடிகிறேன்.
அற்புதங்கள் உறைமிடத்தில்
சேர்வதில் அமைதியடைகிறேன்.
முழுமை பெறாத என் வரம்
அவனுள் சங்கமிக்குது
.
~~~~~

16.05.201
9




























No comments:

Post a Comment

INSIGHT MARCH 2021

INSIGHT - MARCH - APRIL, 2024 ISSUE